We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bosphorus cruise in May

North Carolina
Level Contributor
212 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bosphorus cruise in May

Hello

We will be in Istanbul next week (on the weekend), and wanted to do Bosphorus cruise. I know there are different options, but I'm not sure what will be available in May. We only have 3 days in Istanbul and we're trying to make the most of our time.

What would be the best way to have a relaxing experience and enjoy the best views in about 2-4 hours?

Thanks in advance!

Anne

London
Level Contributor
376 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bosphorus cruise in May

I just returned from Istanbul and did a 1.5 hour Bosphorus trip. For me this was convenient as I did not want to devote a whole day to this and I felt that the time allowed us a good opportunity to see the views of both sides. The trip went from by the Galata bridge on the southern side of the golden horn up to about the second bridge over the Bosphorus and back. Some friends we were with did a one hour version which did not go quite so far up. Both trips cost 10 TL. Both were running frequently in late April so I would imagine that would be the case throughout May as well.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
212 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bosphorus cruise in May

Thanks Debbie. Can you please give me more information about which company you did your cruise with? Was it a round trip? I was looking at the Non-stop Bosphorus Tour with IDO, but I'm not sure if it runs in May.

Thanks

Anne

Istanbul, Turkey
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bosphorus cruise in May

Hi!

There are some boat tour which is more relaxing and takes about 1 hour 20 minutes. I am Japanese who lives in Istanbul. My husband has travel agency and he can help you with this tour. ( or any tour!)

this is my e-mail

asako2311kai@yahoo.com

If you have any questions!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,029 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bosphorus cruise in May

We did the 90-minute Turyol cruise, which probably is the one described by Debbie above. It went up the European side to the second bridge and back down the Asian side, and simply was a lovely way to enjoy the variety of Istanbul from the water perspective. We used the descriptions in the Bosphorus cruise chapter of our Rick Steves' guidebook to identify some of the shoreline areas and features. Very reasonably priced as well.

Enjoy!

London
Level Contributor
376 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bosphorus cruise in May

I'm really sorry but I'm not sure of the name of the company. We just noticed their board with the boat times etc on when walking past one day and went back and did the trip the next day. It was a round trip but it also stopped both ways on the Asian side, so you could get off there if you wanted to. We also used our guide book (Rough Guide) to identify what we were passing - there were a few announcements in Turkish but I've no idea what they were!

Doha, Qatar
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Bosphorus cruise in May

Check this web site for the complete information of the tour.

sehirhatlari.com.tr/en/Bosphorus_Tours-conte…

I am also planning to visit in the last week of may 2011

North Carolina
Level Contributor
212 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bosphorus cruise in May

Thanks All! We willl check them out. We leave this week for a month! Wooooooh!

Anne

Nottingham, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bosphorus cruise in May

I also went on the 90min one with my partner. I think the company name was TURYOL. Its very hard to miss as its right there at Eminonu near to the bridge and i think they have a sign saying bosphorus cruise at the entrance. It cost us 12TL each and we went up as far as the second bridge and back. I found it was veryg ood value for money, very lovely views of Istanbul and it didnt linger too long as I get bored real easily. I recommend it.

9. Re: Bosphorus cruise in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 22:16