We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charging Laptop/Camera

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
577 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Charging Laptop/Camera

What do I need to safely charge my lapatop and camera in Turkey (from US)- converter/adapter/transformer?! So confusing!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,987 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charging Laptop/Camera

Hi Miss-Bahama,

Turkey uses two round European pin type of plugs and sockets that they fit into. Have a look at the following links: "turkeytravelplanner.com/details/Electricity.…", and "…telenet.be/worldstandards/…plugs_f".

You can buy adapters everywhere, like Radio Shack in USA. Once in Turkey they are sold at the airport and electrical shops near your hotel. Universal type of adapters might be the best for you. You can also ask your hotel where to find them. Turkey uses 220 Volts AC.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 10 May 2011, 02:41
Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Charging Laptop/Camera

Hi,

You need a simple adapter only. You can buy one from any electric shop for 2-3 TL. Even your hotel may provide one.

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
577 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charging Laptop/Camera

I looked on my battery on my "charger" it says:

INPUT100-240

I am assuming since Turkey is 220 that it will work (with adapter for the plug) since it is in that range?

I looked at Turkey Travel planner- but I got all confused about transformers,etc.

I think an adapter will do!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,987 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charging Laptop/Camera

An adapter will do. Your charger can be attached to any electrical source between 100 and 240 volts. All you need is an adapter for the plug.

enigma...

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charging Laptop/Camera

It's a lot harder to explain than it really is!

You simply need a device (adapter that accepts your two flat pin us-style plugs and terminates in a two round pin european type plug.

I see you are in S.C. Go to the Mall, find a Radio Shack. They'll have the plug you need. You do not need a voltage converter.

6. Re: Charging Laptop/Camera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 04:16