We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Rumeli Fortress

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
505 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Rumeli Fortress

How long would it take to travel from Nisantasi to Rumeli Fortress by taxi (and approximately how much in fares)? And how long would the trip be by bus?

If I travel by bus, how far is the bus stop from the fortress entrance?

If I travel by taxi, am I correct to assume that the taxi would be able to travel right up to the fortress entrance? And how difficult would it be to hail a taxi from the fortress back to Nisantasi?

On a related note, how much time should I devote to spend at the fortress (excluding travel time)?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Rumeli Fortress

The road that the bus takes passes right in front of the fortress and the bus stop can't be far. I would say 30 minutes is enough for the fortress but the surrounding areas are very pleasant like Bebek. I don't know which buses but from Nisantaso you would have to change. Our transport DE will probably come soon to help with bus numbers and how much the taxi will cost.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Rumeli Fortress

Hi Montreal_Boy,

Welcome to Istanbul. Answering your questions properly, simply walk or take a dolmush from Nisantasi to Taksim, and from Taksim a one stop metro (funicular) to Kabatas and the bus No. 25E from Kabatas to Rumeli Fortress. There is a bus stop in front of the fortress. A taxi from Nisantasi would cost about 17 TL, depending on the route taken.

good luck,

enigma...

3. Re: Travelling to Rumeli Fortress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 06:18