We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Fora Restaurant

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
502 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Park Fora Restaurant

I am considering lunch at the Park Fora restaurant since I will be in the area that day. Does anyone have any thoughts on this restaurant (food, service, pricing, view, etc.)? Most of the comments regarding Park Fora on the forum seem to be from a couple of years ago and I am hoping a more recent assessment. Thoughts and feedback would be most appreciated.

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Fora Restaurant

I have not been there in the recent years also but it is a good location and is still popular with business lunches paid by an expense account. Its mezes will probably be still good. this is a bad season for fish, so do not expect good turbot or bonito but we had a good but expensive blue fish recently, albeit in Yalova, at the fish market, which was terrific. The seabass and sea bream, usually farmed, will be your best bet.

I recently recommended the Italian restaurant Mia Mensa in the same area to another poster but that is a totally different ball game. I think that if you have fish and wine Park fora will be more expensive than Mia Mensa, even for lunch. If you stick to mezes, it should be fine.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Fora Restaurant

Montreal_Boy,

It has been more than a year that I have been to Park Fora. It is one of the best seafood restaurants in town. It not only serves fish but all sorts of seafood, including excellent fried mussels, calamari, octopus salad, etc. It even had paella on the menu when I was there. It is in a beautiful park setting and is located in Kurucesme on the Bosphorus. "http://www.parkfora.com/main.php". It is fairly expensive restaurant though. Highly recommended.

enigma...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
502 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Fora Restaurant

Thanks for all the comments so far. I did take a look at the website and the ambiance certainly seemed attractive. The menu also looked very enticing. I am not as concerned with pricing, as long as the food and service is up to par. I am certainly looking forward to it.

As a side note, is there another of note to see in the park where the restaurant is located?

4. Re: Park Fora Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 02:18