We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telefrik in Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Telefrik in Istanbul

Is There any telefrik in istanbul inwhich we can have a tour?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

Mirolla, There are two short cable car rides you can take in Istanbul. The first is across from Grand hyatt hotel to Macka, over Macka park. And the second is from Eyup (by the Golden Horn) up to the Pierre Loti cafe. I espcially recommend such a visit to Pierre Loti for outstanding views, and to see more of Ottoman Istanbul.

enigma...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
502 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

I tried to take the Teleferik at Macka to get to the Swissotel on Sunday afternoon (around 6:30pm) and the cable car was closed. I'm not sure if I missed the operating hours or if the cable car is out of service for other reasons. Apparently quite a few others did not know of the closing and were also surprised to find the cable cars not running. Perhaps one of the local experts would have more info regarding the hours of the cable car at Macka.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

that sound interesting, how come it was not mentioned before!!

can you please give more details about these locations, where are they exactly and how to access them.

also, as montreal boy said, we need to know more about operating hours. Nobody wants to go all the way to find it closed!!

thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
502 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

Location-wise, the Teleferik is located not far from Taksim Square (at least the side that I tried to board). I would say it's about 10 minutes walk (15 if you walk slowly) northeast of Taksim Square. Signage is clear so you can't miss it. You would walk past the Hotel Incontinental and the Hyatt hotel and it would be on your right hand side after you pass the Hyatt. Apparently the ride across is 3 minutes long and you disembark not far from the Swissotel.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

Nemoeddie, I didn't know about Maçka's telefrik when I was there, but we took the one that climbes to Pierre Loti Café in Eyüp. The ride was entertaining for the kids (and for the parents as well) but it was a very short ride (only 3 or 4 minutes long). The views from the hill on the Golden Horn and the whole city were outstanding, even my little boy who was 6 years old seemed impressed.

My advice to you is if you go there just for the teleferik, you might be disapointed, but if you are also looking for an enchanting place where to enjoy an hour or two of quiet while sipping a good turkish çay, I highly recommend you going there. You can combine this with a visit to Miniaturk museum in the same neighbourhood. Unfortunateley, we could not do it because we spent more time than expected in Eyup Sultan Mosque.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

ok.. so now i want to include telefrik in my plan.

which one of the two is closer to taksim?

which one is nicer, to sit and enjoy the view by sunset?

is it open on saturdays? working hours?!!

bentache, in case you go for the ride, please let me know all the details. I am sure my kids will love it, so i want to make the best choice between the 2 options.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

Nemoeddie, you have two solutions:

1 - you compress your travel plan (which is already pretty squeezed, I know) and you do the Pierre Loti cafe, you include in your trip a detour to Miniatürk, Eyüp Mosque and its neibourhood. In this case, the best way to go there is to take a ferry from Eminonu to Eyüp. Here is the timetable: sehirhatlari.com.tr/en/2010_2011_Kis_Tarifes…

2 - you can not compress your plan. In this case, Maçka's teleferik could be a good alternative, provided it is operational. It is only 10 minutes walk from Taksim Square as Montreal_Boy said.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

well, i decided to skip the grand bazaar!! too bad, i know.

but shopping with kids " 2 boys" is a nightmare. They will enjoy teleferik ride and miniaturk much more.

will do my homework and study both options.

but still nobody told us about the working hours of the teleferik!!

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

While I can't imagine going to Istanbul and skipping the Grand Bazaar, I can see why, with two boys, you would decide to do that.

However I think they would enjoy Rahmi Koc museum far more than Miniaturk which, is really only interesting if you know and are interested in the buildings that are miniatured and I can't imagine your boys will be. The Rahmi Koc museum has all kinds of transport, buses, planes, cars, motorbikes, trains etc and I think would be much more appealing for them. It can be combined with Eyup as well and is right by a ferry stop on the same ferry as Eyup.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Telefrik in Istanbul

Eyüp teleferik is open from 8:00 to 00:00.

Click here for more info : www.istanbul-ulasim.com.tr/default.asp…