We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Oregon
Level Contributor
386 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Noting that this Turkish Dance Night performance is in Trip Advisor's Top 10 Things to Do in Istanbul, I would like to go there. I went to Hodjapasha's website via TA's link, and saw that the on-line ticket sales part of their website is "under construction." I sent a message to them some time ago, but haven't had a response, so just followed up with another inquiry. I will arrive in Istanbul on August 28--Can I just wait and buy tickets there, for the Turkish Dance Night show on Thursday, September 1?

Another TA post asked about the Whirling Dervishes, which also perform at the Hodjapasha center, but on the nights that the Dance Night is not held. Since the response to that post was that there were performances at other places, are there also places where we could see "traditional Turkish dances" if the Hodjapasha performance doesn't work out for us?

Thanks!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

ForReality, Both Hodjapasha Cultural Center and Dance of Colors at Firat Cultural center are private companies that do similiar performances, namely whirling dervish shows and Turkish folk dances. Here is the website for "dances of colours". "http://www.dancesofcolours.com/". And here are some alternatives for whirling dervishes: "mydestination.com/istanbul/things-to-do/3220…".

enigma...

Oregon
Level Contributor
386 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Thank you so much! It's great to know there are alternatives. I have read many, many of your posts on Istanbul, you are so helpful! :-)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

ForReality, It is good to be appreciated. Thank you very much.

enigma...

istanbul
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Hi , i am the owner of Hodjapaha center. Sorry for the trouble you had for messaging to us. There was a some technical problem for couple days in our message box. İf you mail me at info@hodjapasha.com i can help you for booking.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Hi a week ago i did email them at Hodjapasha and they replied fast ... i made my ticket booking through email and they gave me a confirmation number ... try again they probably have some sort of interent problem

London, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Does anyone know the difference between the Hodjapsa performance and the one in "dances of colours" and which is more recommened or more authentic ?

Oregon
Level Contributor
386 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Thanks for the update on this. I should have posted that I too got ahold of Hodjapasha via email, and received a nice reply that they are holding two tickets for us for the Thurs. Sept. 1 performance. Just 8 days away now! :-) I don't know the difference between Hodjapasha and the "dances of colours". I thought the H. Center's programs looked pretty authentic, as they've won some awards.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
351 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Still problematic to do booking through their web site. The owner says few days problem in August 2011!!! I have tried today 01 October to book with them but is still " Under construction". What are they constructing that is taking so long to set up???

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Father-Copenhagen, just send them an e-mail and book thru e-mail. Pay them when you are in Istanbul.

enigma...

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
72 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hodjapasha's Turkish Dance Night

Does the Turkish dance show at hodjapasha get sold out or can we wait to land in Istanbul to book them. We are a gp of 5.