We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I can't decide which hotel to Choose in Istanbul

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
I can't decide which hotel to Choose in Istanbul

Hi,

I'm traveling next week to Istanbul for 5 nights. The best value quotes I've got from 3 hotels I've narrowed it down to:

Conrad Hilton Istanbul. $170. Kind Bosphorus View w/Breakfast

Marmara Pera. $182. Pera View Room. Includes Breakfast and VAT.

Pera Palace. $182, Pera View Room. Includes Breakfast, excludes VAT.

Any suggestions? I think the Conrad is a bit out of the way from things, but a water view would be great too! The Pera Palace has all the charm and history. And the Marmara includes VAT as well making it more economical.

Thanks!

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I can't decide which hotel to Choose in Istanbul

From your three options, for the history alone (and I like the location) I would choose the Pera Palas.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,436 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I can't decide which hotel to Choose in Istanbul

jackwnoho, Prices are comparable. Pera palace and Marmara Pera are very close to each other so they are in the same neighborhood. Therefore I would choose the newest and the odest hotel: Pera Palace.

enigma...

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,146 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I can't decide which hotel to Choose in Istanbul

I have stayed in none of these hotels, but I have spent lots of time in the public rooms of the Marmara and it appears to be a lovely hotel. Like the two previous posters, however, if I had to select among the three you are offered, I would certainly opt for the Pera Palace.

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I can't decide which hotel to Choose in Istanbul

Thanks, that's what I'm leaning towards, the Pera Palace. Although I won't have a water view like at the Conrad (in my price range) I'm sure it'll still be fabulous..

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I can't decide which hotel to Choose in Istanbul

Thanks so much. That's what I was thinking too. Although the Palace doesn't have an outdoor pool, it does have an indoor one.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I can't decide which hotel to Choose in Istanbul

Friends who stayed at the Conrad found it an inconvenient location for a first-time visitor.

7. Re: I can't decide which hotel to Choose in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 13:17