We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

Hello,

We are planning a visit by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada at the beginning of September.

I found that the ferry leaves Kabatas docks. Can you please tell me how to reach from Sultanahmet area (where we are staying), the Kabatas docks, in order to take the ferry (other means than taxi).

Also, on some reviews I found that the ferries from Kabatas to Buyukada are quite a lot (at leat 2-3 / hour), but on this website www.ido.com.tr I found only 6-7 ferries / day...can you tell me the correct website for the ferries schedule?

Thanks in advance,

Catalina

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

Hi Catalina,

Welcome to Istanbul. To go to Kabatas, simply get on the tram at Sultanahmet and get off the tram at Kabatas (last tram stop). That simple. Ferry docks are right there at Kabatas.

Ferries are NOT run by IDO but by Sehir Hatlari. Here is the summer schedule (till Sept. 19th) for ferries to the Princess Islands. "sehirhatlari.com.tr/en/2010_2011_Kis_Tarifes…". As you see there are a number of ferries that go to Buyukada from Kabatas.

good luck,

enigma...

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

Thank you so much, Enigma!!!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

Hello, I am trying to see the page of the site in english but when i choose from language english it still remains in turkey. I can't understand anything in turkey.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

bal, No worries. Here is the complete schedule of "sehir hatlari" ferries. "sehirhatlari.com.tr/Images/…338_shkis11-1.pdf". The islands ferry schedules are on page 10 and 11.

good luck,

enigma...

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

Thank you very much enigma..i tried to translate the the page sehirhatlari.com.tr in english but was a little bit difficult. The page you have send me it's exactly what i neded.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

Could you please help me if you can by telling me what (M) and (D) mean on this page www.denturavrasya.com/tarifeDetay.asp?ID=21.

This ferry seems very fast but i want to be sure that i understand good the time hours.

thank you

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

bal, The (M) refers to a partner company's boat. That Company is Mavi Marmara. (D) refers to Dentur's own boats. MaviMarmara has the following schedule: "www.mavimarmara.net/listele_kabatas.asp". They also have frequent services between Bostanci (Asian side) and the Islands: "www.mavimarmara.net/listele_bostanci.asp".

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 14 April 2012, 09:46
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

Thank you so much again enigma for making things clear for me and for the links with Mavi Marmara.

Istanbul
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

Hi, this could b short notice ....we are going to see them tmrw

I would like to take my two boys to the islands and swim.

Can u hop from one to another island ? Which island should we go to if # 1 thing is a good beach.?

Thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip by ferry to Prince's Island - Buyukada

The best beach I know of is Yoruk Ali Beach on Buyukada. Have a look:

http://www.yorukali.com/

You'll need google translator for English.

You can go from one island to the other.

Enjoy your time,

Borus

Edited: 05 July 2012, 21:19