We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest way to get from Sultanahmet area to Kadikoy

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fastest way to get from Sultanahmet area to Kadikoy

Hello,

I am also asking for your help regarding which is the fastest way to get from Sultanahmet area to Kadikoy (either from ferry, tram etc.).

Also, any tips as what to visit in the Asian side (we have planned one fulld ay for the Asian side). We are interested in the Kadikoy area (Nostalgic tram etc.), as well as Bagdat area for a little shopping :) - nothing luxurious...

Thanks in advance,

Catalina

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest way to get from Sultanahmet area to Kadikoy

Catalina, the best and fastest way to reach Kadikoy is by tram from Sultanahmet to Eminonu and by ferry from Eminonu to Kadikoy (20 minutes). This trip will cost 3.50 TL/person.

I live at the Asian side and a while ago I had started a thread on what to do and where to go at the Asian side. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4613…". Bagdat street will be very nice for shopping. Just take the dolmush (shared taxi) from Kadikoy pier to Suadiye (tell the driver "sahilden"), and walk to Bagdat street passing in front of Suadiye Hotel. When you reach Bagdat street, simply make a left. that stretch of street from Suadiye to Caddebostan Mado Cafe, is full of good shops, restaurants, cafes, etc. Once you have ice cream at Mado Cafe, Caddebostan, you can take a dolmush back to Kadikoy.

good luck,

enigma...

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest way to get from Sultanahmet area to Kadikoy

Thank you so much for your valuable advice, Enigma!

YFW
Canada
Level Contributor
154 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastest way to get from Sultanahmet area to Kadikoy

Hi Enigma,

How long will the ride on the "dolmush" be? and how much will it cost?

"Just take the dolmush (shared taxi) from Kadikoy pier to Suadiye (tell the driver "sahilden"), and walk to Bagdat street passing in front of Suadiye Hotel."

Thanks.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastest way to get from Sultanahmet area to Kadikoy

eYFW, The Dolmush ride from Kadikoy to Suadiye takes about 15-20 minutes and costs about 3.00 TL/person.

enigma...

5. Re: Fastest way to get from Sultanahmet area to Kadikoy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 16:16