We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something to do if it rains

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Something to do if it rains

Hi I am going back to Istanbul in 9 days 9 , It will be my 3rd trip and I love it. I will be staying on the Asian side with my Turkish friend. She works at one of the hotels and cannot get time off work so I intend to spend some days at the pool there as we have had such a bad summer here in Uk

I am happy to go around Istanbul by myself and Last year I walked all the way up to the second bridge. I have done the main tourist sites and love them aswell as the cookery class( I will be returning to my favourite Topkapi to see it for the 3rd time it;s just magical! and a few of the others, so my question is what can I do this year that will be a bit different on the days that it may rain (I was there last year in mid Sept when it started to rain so I know I have 50/50 chance) any ideas appriciated. Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something to do if it rains

beachskigirl, You can always go to enclosed places to shop or visit attractions. Forum Istanbul Mall has very nice shopping, besides a magnificent aquarium, ice rink, ice museum and bowling opportunities. Istinya Park Mall has very nice shopping. When it rains you can always visit Grand Bazaar or Spice Bazaar or Archeology Museum, Istanbul Modern or Sabanci Museums. In fact the possibilities are endless: have a look: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4562…", and "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k2369…". Finally a good option may be to go to a Turkish hamam or spa.

good luck,

enigma...

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something to do if it rains

Put on a raincoat and hat. Walk through the endless neighborhoods, shop in stores and places locals frequent. A very different experience.

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something to do if it rains

Thanks for the advise,

I will be doing a Hamam for sure, this year I would like to try the new Aya Sofia Hurum Hamami and I will also go back to the Grand Bazaar. Last year I stumbled on the streets of shops just behind the spice bazaar which seemed to go on for ever (well actually we ended up back at the Grand Bazaar) which I enjoyed so much than the spice bazaar itself. Thanks for the advise on the malls I shall look into those a bit more and also the archeology museum as that is something I have not done yet.

4. Re: Something to do if it rains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 02:17