We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul Card

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
351 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul Card

Is it still the case that Istanbul card is not accepted everywhere and some transportation vehicles such as E10bus does not accept the card??

Which one should we buy Istanbul card or Akbil??

Where can we buy the card?? Is it easily obtainable or one has to search for it all over the city??

Lastly the 10 TL deposit for the card is it returnable or not??

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,891 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul Card

Father-Copenhagen, Have a look at my response (post No. 31) at the following thread: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4682…".

You should be getting an Istanbul Card with a 6 TL deposit. Akbil is very difficult to find as it is being phased out. The 6 TL is refundable once you turn the card in with a zero balance. It is sold everywhere now at newspaper stands, kiosks, and at certain tram and ferry stops.

good luck,

enigma...

Italy
Level Contributor
829 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul Card

I had troubles with IC this june on the E10 and quite confident it had enough credit loaded.

Go figure if it was IC not accepted (it was ok 5 minutes before, I paid for the ferry from Eminonu), the apparel on that specific E10 bus or not enough credit: an akbil with an equilavent amount of credit went flawlessly, I had both.

The IC cost 10TL, don't know if deposit or cost, virtually everywhere, on the other hand the akbil, I only found it at IETT kiosk in Taksim

3. Re: Istanbul Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 11:17