We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping in Airport? Also, getting from S. Goeken to Ataturk

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sleeping in Airport? Also, getting from S. Goeken to Ataturk

My husband and I will be traveling around Turkey in Jan 2012. We will be arriving from Kayseri to the S. Goeken airport at 11:15pm. Our flight out of Ataturk to Izmir leaves the following morning at 7am, meaning we need to be at the airport no later 6am.

First - what is the best means of transport between the two airports? Cheapest way? Fastest way?

Second - we are considering just getting a few hours rest in the Ataturk airport once we arrive. We've slept in airports before when doing something similar and are okay with. Does anyone think we would have any big issues with this?

Thanks in advance!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeping in Airport? Also, getting from S. Goeken to Ataturk

By that time of night I'm pretty certain the council buses will have finished so you can take the Havaş shuttle in as far as Taksim.There is one leaves from outside arrivals at midnight,cost 10TL.Once in Taksim take a taxi to Ataturk airport.(you'll arrive too late there to get the Havaş bus from Taksim to the airport I'm afraid).This will be around 40-45TL but you don't really have any options in the early hours of the morning and Taksim isn't a place to hang around at that time either so a taxi would be the safest bet.

You can mooch around,have a coffee or two and then settle down for a nap.Not the most comfortable place to nap but you've done it before so you know that!You often see people doing this when they have a long wait or a delay so you most likely won't be the only ones.

havas.net/en/…

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,141 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeping in Airport? Also, getting from S. Goeken to Ataturk

whispering-hills, No you will not have any issues. You can rest at Ataturk Airport. There are direct flights from Kayseri to Izmir and I wish you had arranged such a flight that would be so much more convenient (Sun Express or Pegasus Airlines). You can also rent rooms at Ataturk Airport Hotel (land side) on an hourly basis.

The best transfer from one Airport to the other is by HAVAS buses. Take a HAVAS bus to Taksim upon your arrival at SG Airport, and another HAVAS bus from Taksim to Ataturk airport. This whole trip will cost you 23 TL/person.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 24 October 2011, 03:18
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
75 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleeping in Airport? Also, getting from S. Goeken to Ataturk

Hi there, just to say we took the Havas bus to Taksim from S Goeken last week, very easy. You will find the bus right outside the arrivals terminal on the opposite side of the road, you cant miss it, and you pay for your ticket once you are on the bus.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
983 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sleeping in Airport? Also, getting from S. Goeken to Ataturk

Hi

This site may help you.......

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

DCtheKiwi

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sleeping in Airport? Also, getting from S. Goeken to Ataturk

Wow - thanks to everyone for the wonderful replies! I stepped away from TA for less than 24 hours and came back to a wealth of information!

enigma, we did consider a flight from Kayseri to Izmir, but found at the time we looked it was more expensive to fly Istanbul-Kayseri-Izmir-Istanbul than to make Istanbul our home base for both locations. I wish that hadn't been the case because it would have been a smoother transition for sure.

Thanks again everyone!

Tbilisi, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sleeping in Airport? Also, getting from S. Goeken to Ataturk

I would like to give you another opportunity,

Kayseri to Ankara by bus(takes 5 hours but really comfortable), than Ankara to Izmir by Anadolu jet, and Izmir to Ataturk by flight agin....

take a look...

Have a nice trip !

7. Re: Sleeping in Airport? Also, getting from S. Goeken to Ataturk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 20:18