We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bosphorus cruise

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bosphorus cruise

Looking for recommendations for a good 2 hour Bosphorus cruise in early November . Any suggestions.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,266 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bosphorus cruise

Zephyr, take the Short Circle cruise by Sehir Hatlari from Eminonu. It is 10 TL/person and lasts 2 hours. Have a look: "sehirhatlari.com.tr/en/2010_2011_Kis_Tarifes…".

enjoy your cruise,

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bosphorus cruise

Thank you for the link, I'm also interested in a cruise, do you know of any other cruises that are worthwhile?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,266 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bosphorus cruise

HenryandLily, you can also use the 1.5 hour Turyol cruises. They have smaller boats than municipal ferries and depart from the Golden Horn side of Galata Bridge at Eminonu. They cost 12 TL/person. However they also leave on the hour every hour from 10.00 AM till 8.00 PM.

good luck,

enigma...

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bosphorus cruise

Maybe you'll like it this way: go to Eminonu docks and look for Bogaz iskelesi ferry dock. Buy one way ticket (15 tl) for a 10:30 boat. It goes all the way to the Black Sea (Anadolu Kavagi to be exact). You can get off there and clim up the hill with small fortress on it. If it's nice weather you'll be able to see dozens of ships entering and exiting Bosphorus Strait. After, go back to the dock and take a boat to Sariyer (2 tl), very nice bosphorus village. Have a lunch there and after a while catch a bus to Karakoy (line 25 E). On your way back to town you will pass neighbourhoods like Rumeli Hisari ( where the second Bosphorus bridge is), Bebek, Ortakoy. They're all very nice places so if you like what you see from the bus, get off and spend some time in one of those villages until you decide to catch the next bus heading Karakoy.

This was my Bosphorus cruise and it's one of my favorite Istanbul memories. (I was there this August.)

p.s. this trip will take you a few hours. It depends on you. :)

Edited: 26 October 2011, 12:50
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,266 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bosphorus cruise

Zephyr, LoliTatli has some great ideas. I second her recommendation. Also visit Sariyer and take the 25E bus from there to wherever you want to get off. (Tarabya, Rumelihisari, Bebek, Ortakoy, etc.) are all candidates. Then you can board the same bus again and go to terminus, Kabatas. At Kabatas you can take the tram or funicular to wherever you want to go.

enigma...

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bosphorus cruise

I fell in love with Istanbul right on that cruise. My favorites are Rumeli Hisari and Ortakoy, as I walked the great deal of my way back to town. Bebek is a nice place to sit back and relax wit cup of elma cay. In Ortakoy you can regain your strenght with suffed potatoe (kumpir) and sit for another turkish tea or cup of coffe under the Bosphorus bridge and near beautiful baroque mosque.

And now I wanna go back. :(

:)

*Oh yeah. It's Kabatas (the last 25 E bus stop) not Karakoy. My mistake.

Thanyk you Enigma.

Edited: 26 October 2011, 13:31
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bosphorus cruise

Ortakoy is a "must" for me. This sounds as a great way of slipping it in this trip.

So here is a question I would like some help with::

The cruise with a bus back to include Bebek and Ortakoy?

Or is there much to experience in Ortakoy that I would want to take a day to first go to the Istanbul Modern and carry on to Ortakoy for dinner?

thank you

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,266 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bosphorus cruise

Ortakoy, in my judgement, is best at night. So a dinner at Ortakoy might be a good idea. However, you can take a ferry to Ortakoy from Eminonu in the evening and that would be the best way to visit it. You can take the 25E bus for your return to Kabatas where you can take a funicular to Taksim.

enjoy Ortakoy,

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bosphorus cruise

Wow, some great suggestions and since I'm a newbie here I really need to buy a map and start studying. I'm not there until October next year, long way off, but I have to book that far in advance when coming from Australia so I have definitely locked in my trip and looking forward to getting there.

thanks again.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bosphorus cruise

Enigma2007, thanks for your suggestions and the link- looks good; we look forward to the cruise