We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camlica Hill

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo
Level Contributor
132 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Camlica Hill

Hello,

Can anybody tell me what is the Camlica Hill? How to reach it from Taksim and what is found there?

Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,270 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camlica Hill

Vanylla, Camlica Hill on the Asian side is a hill overlooking the Bosphorus with very good views of the Bosphorus. There are inexpensive cafes and restaurants there. It is easy to get there. Simply take the bus 129T from Taksim to "Turistik Camlica Tesisleri" stop and walk uphill a bit. Take your camera with you. This bus crosses over the Bosphorus Suspension bridge to get there: "http://harita.iett.gov.tr/index.php?hat=129T".

enigma...

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camlica Hill

Or, if you're already on Asian side, bus 9U from Uskudar docks. (Another alternative is taxi)

If you have time, I recommend a visit to Camlica hill. It's very nice.

Edited: 28 October 2011, 06:41
Cairo
Level Contributor
132 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camlica Hill

Thanks Enigma and LoliTatli for the very useful information. I will include the Camlica Hill in my program. I would like to ask you if I can make this visit in the same day of visiting the blue mosque and aya sophia. Is it far from this area?

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camlica Hill

Vanylla, yes you can do all of those things in the same day.

Go to Hagia Sophia as soon as it opens (9 am) as the ques tend to be a bit long but nothing unbearable. Keep in mind that Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays so plan your visit based on that info. Entrance fee is 20 tl (10 euros). How much time will you spend there it's up to you (approximately an hour, an hour and a half). After, go to the Blue mosque (mind the times of prayer as you can't go in during the same). You'll be done with all of this I guess by noon so you'll have enough time to explore Camlica hill. Take a tram from Sultanahmet to Eminonu docks, hop on a boat to Uskudar and than take a bus (9U line) or taxi to Camlica hill.

Hope this helps :)

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
403 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camlica Hill

How do I reach Camlica from Kadikoy?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,270 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camlica Hill

Irboke, From Kadikoy, take the bus 14 F to Camlica stop and walk 15 minutes up the hill.

enigma...

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
403 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camlica Hill

Thank you, Enigma. I tried to locate it on Google maps, but couldn't find it. What street name schould I use to locate it?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,270 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camlica Hill

Irboke, here is the link. "http://harita.iett.gov.tr/index.php?hat=14F". Çamlıca stop is by the Kısıklı-Buyuk Çamlica caddesi (street).

enigma...

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
403 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Camlica Hill

Enigma, thank you for your quick answer! I am planning a day on the asian side for our 5-day Istanbul trip. TA is wonderful!

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
403 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Camlica Hill

Is line 14 F a frequent line? I looked on the website, but the english version doesn't seem to work (and my turkish is not what it used te be LOL).