We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bazaar 550th Anniversary (on Christmas day) Concert

Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Topic
Grand Bazaar 550th Anniversary (on Christmas day) Concert

The former child prodigy and famous Turkish composer-pianist will give another concert in the Grand bazaar on December 25, 2011 at 3:30PM.

The first half of the concert will include hymns by an Armenian tenor, a Jewish choir and a Turkish hafiz. The Ottoman Military band will participate in the second half.

We attended last year's concert when only the military band was present and we loved it, but could only record on our i-phone because we had gone unprepared. The not so good but still interesting recording is on youtube under esercelebiler.

The web site for the concert is as follows:

There is good coverage of the Grand Bazaar in the slide show which is well worth watching even if you do not have a chance of attending.

I am hoping that certain posters here do not ask TA to have this post removed as they have done in the recent past, or if they do, some travelers to istanbul will get a chance to read it before it happens.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grand Bazaar 550th Anniversary (on Christmas day) Concert

I too remember your post and pictures from an earlier concert you attended there. It is so nice of you to provide this information for those who will be visiting this weekend. The variety in the concert offerings is a real plus. I only wish I could take you up on your very gracious invitation for the TA forumites!

Happy holidays to all of you, my electronic friends.

Edited: 20 December 2011, 18:10
12. Re: Grand Bazaar 550th Anniversary (on Christmas day) Concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 10:22
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question