We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience with Female Guide?

jacksonville
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Any experience with Female Guide?

I am in search of names/contact info for English speaking female guides/drivers. This would only be for one day and one person.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

paris, as a local I do not use guides in Istanbul but the following website may be able to help you: "turkeytravelplanner.com/guides/artaman_g.html".

good luck,

enigma...

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
746 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

i have read good things about Arzu Tutuk arzu@walksinistanbul.com but have not used her services. walksinistanbul.com

Level Contributor
8,324 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

We used Arzu Tutuk for two days while in Istanbul and it was a good experience. She will tailor the days as you want and is very knowledgeable.

jacksonville
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

enigma,

Thank you, I have reached her via e-mail.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

paris, you are most welcome. I am glad I have been of some help.

enigma...

FLA
Level Contributor
20 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

Paris296 or Gene

What did you find out? I would consider a guide for myself and wife if reasonable..

Token

Level Contributor
8,324 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

Not sure what the question is here...two guides recommended...I would check with them regarding their rates...I found guides in Istanbul fairly expensive compared with other countries. We felt it was a good investment.

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
746 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

we used Arzu Tutuk in late December for a half day and she was excellent. We had a family group of 7 and wanted to stay together and focused on Topkapi rather the drifting apart, with some moving too quickly over important areas.

Arzu was fabulous and weaved together the story of the Ottoman rulers and rule during this time, using Topkapi and many fine details. I would highly recommend her.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

Thank you for the review, it was a pleasure hosting you in Istanbul.

10. Re: Any experience with Female Guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 August 2012, 09:03