We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visiting Istanbul

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time visiting Istanbul

Hello,

I'll be visiting Istanbul for 3 days at the end of february and I was wondering how much money should I take. It's going to be 2 people and we'll be doing as much sightseeing as we can, eating out and going to bars at night.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visiting Istanbul

There are ATM machines everywhere there just like in Miami, so do not worry about bringing a lot of money with you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visiting Istanbul

But tell your bank and your credit card issuer that you will be visiting Turkey, so they do not block your cards for suspicious activity.

Nis, Serbia
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visiting Istanbul

It depends on what do you want to spend your money...

For 3 days, if you want to see some sights, food and drink, taxi I think 200$ is enough (per person if you are already pay your hotel). But if you want to buy some souvenirs, clothes... I can advise you to bring some cash and change it to Turkish lira at some exchange office and you can use your card at machines at late night when exchange offices doesn't work. You can pay with your card at some shops, but in most you can't (at Grand Bazaar etc).

Have a nice stay :)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time visiting Istanbul

Thank you everybody for the great suggestions. I'll keep in mind all the advices.

5. Re: First time visiting Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2012, 10:16