We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport hotel transfer dilemma

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Airport hotel transfer dilemma

Hi all,

I am finally dowm to 2 hotels in Sultanahmet. One offers to pick us up from IST for free, but the second hotel, which I love most, can arrange transfer for 30EUR/room one way.

We don't mind paying little more but would like to know if there are other transfer options out there...

Please advise.

Thanks,

P

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport hotel transfer dilemma

www.airportshuttleistanbul.com/Default.aspx

ataturkairportshuttle.com/private-transfer.p…

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
747 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport hotel transfer dilemma

you mention 30 Euros/ROOM - meaning "per room rented"? our experience with our hotel on several occasions was that it was 30 Euros for up to 6 people (in a van they had sent) - irrespective for how many rooms you were renting. so please clarify with them. even if you have 2 rooms, but 6 or less, most will give you the 30 Euro rate.

I assume from your post that you don't want to take the Metro/Tram, especially if you have heavy luggage?

taxi one time ran us about 40 Euros to Sultanahmet so the private shuttle is better (more comfortable) and cheaper, but i know others that prefer the taxi. i think that if it is especially your first time to Istanbul, you might want to do the private service (having been sent by your hotel, they know exactly where to take you) but that frequent returners are comfortable with a taxi.

I know one person who used http://www.istanbulairportshuttle.com/ and it may have been a tad cheaper, and they liked it, but we can't personally endorse it.

also, wholly apart from the other options, my opinion would be to go with the hotel "which [you] love most" - if the 30 extra euros is not a deal breaker.

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport hotel transfer dilemma

Thank you,

Very helpful!

P

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport hotel transfer dilemma

I would suggest booking a shuttle service which will take you door to door - I have used www.istanbulairportshuttle.com several times and the service has been fine - and is about €8/person. If there are a lot of you, it would probably be worthwhile booking a private transfer.

I agree that you should go with the hotel you like the look of the most - you will be sleeping there and spending a fair bit of time there - the transfer is just a transfer!

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
747 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport hotel transfer dilemma

Piramidon - i forgot to mention that we were exactly in the same situation as you the first time we came to Istanbul - the hotel we really loved did not provide the transfer as the others did we looked at (but it had other "bells and whistles" we DID love), and we went with our "gut" - the one without the free transfer, and were eternally happy we did (and went back later).

6. Re: Airport hotel transfer dilemma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 10:19