We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing an excellent hotel with spa in Istanbul

Malta
Level Contributor
148 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing an excellent hotel with spa in Istanbul

I am searching for an excellent hotel in Istanbul in terms of location, facilities, service and a spa for a budget of US $ 200 single. I am traveling to Istanbul in late March. I don't mind staying in any area as long as I can use the metro. I have narrowed down my choices to the following hotels:

1-Sirkeci Konac

2-Acra Hotel

3-Levni hotel and spa

4-Gezi hotel Bosphorous

Your help in recommending any one of these or adding other hotels will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

1. Re: Choosing an excellent hotel with spa in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2016, 08:22
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,139 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing an excellent hotel with spa in Istanbul

I have only had a personal experience with the Sirkeci Konak, but if I wanted a lovely hotel with an excellent spa this would be my choice. I love the location of this hotel because it is close to the tram as well as many restaurants and shops in the neighborhood. It is a quiet area.

The staff is magnificent. They will make sure that you get all the information you need for a pleasant and convenient experience in the city. There is simply nothing you might need that they cannot provide.

Breakfast is a feast, and "tea and sandwiches" in the evening is a refreshing way to get to visit with other hotel guests. In addition, this hotel provides several unique cultural experiences. One night you can take a cooking class with the hotel chef. Another night they will offer cheese and wine tastings. One night you might want to take backgammon lessons, and on yet another day you can visit a neighborhood bazaar with a member of the hotel staff and other guests.

This hotel has the entire package, and I would certainly recommend it for your needs.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing an excellent hotel with spa in Istanbul

I too had an excellent experience at the Sirkeci Konak, including a visit to the spa after my sightseeing day where I spent the most decadent 90 minutes of my life, starting with a brief sauna visit, then traditional Turkish bath, followed by an aromatherapy message. Location (40 yards from a tram stop and eight-minutes walk to Sultanahmet Square at my slow pace), facilities (great spa and two nice restaurants) and service (unbelievably attentive from the concierge to the bus boy and from arrival to departure) all were top notch during our three-night stay.

I am not familiar with the other three hotels.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,139 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing an excellent hotel with spa in Istanbul

The new Neorion Hotel in Sirkeci also has fantastic spa facilities very similar to what is available at the Sirkeci. Unfortunately we have never spent the night in this hotel, but we have toured all the public areas and peeked into a few guest rooms.

The pool and spa area looked so pristine and perfect I really thought I had walked into the front cover of a travel magazine. They even have an area for "couples spa". They have a nice breakfast buffet and snacks served nearly all day long. It is also in the Sirkeci area.

Malta
Level Contributor
148 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choosing an excellent hotel with spa in Istanbul

Thank you all- Sadin, busy-retired and Cinti. Your experiences will make my choice a lot easier. I am also considering Sumahan on the water for its lovely Bosphorous views although it is not cheap!

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choosing an excellent hotel with spa in Istanbul

The Sumahan does look fabulous - and would be perfect if you plan to spend a lot of your time luxuriating in the hotel - but it will be a lot harder to get to the historic sites.

7. Re: Choosing an excellent hotel with spa in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2013, 10:30