We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market in Kadikoy - when and where?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
794 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Market in Kadikoy - when and where?

Hi forum,

I read somewhere that there is a market in Kadikoy on Tuesdays and Fridays, but can'tm seem to find out the timings. Would any of you know?

Also, I'm having trouble finding out the exact location, I'm hoping someone can help with this as well.

Thanks!

Hunbille

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
794 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market in Kadikoy - when and where?

I didn't do my research properly this time.

I see that some of my questions are answered in this thread tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5167…

I would still like to know the whereabouts of the Tuesday/Fridays Market in case we don't get a taxi - and when the market starts and finishes.

Thanks again.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market in Kadikoy - when and where?

hunbille, the market goes into full swing around 10.00 AM and lasts till about 7.00 PM when some stallholders start closing shop. Hasanpasa is about two miles down the road from Kadikoy pier area, and the best way to go there and return is by taxi. They will not charge much.

enigma...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
794 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market in Kadikoy - when and where?

Thanks Enigma!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Market in Kadikoy - when and where?

I was at the market a couple tuesdays ago. Don't get there too early as we were there about 10:30 and a lot of the shops hadn't opened yet. Taxi from Kadikoy pier will cost 8 lira each way and is convenient especially when you leave the market with hands full of shopping bags.

5. Re: Market in Kadikoy - when and where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 10:27