We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Istanbul and used Backpackers travel...

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back from Istanbul and used Backpackers travel...

Just got back from Istanbul and used Backpackers travel for airport transfer to an old city hotel, big red board as soon as I came out of the customs area, my name on a paper under the red sign that showed the hotel name I was going to. 3 people were there at 12:45AM in the morning and spoke perfect english, asked me to wait on one of the airport seats while they call the driver to pull up out front. This took about 4 or 5 minutes we stood seeing we just got off a 10 hour flight. Greeter walked us down to one of the doors leading outside at the end of the airport, then waved the driver out of the mini-van and had him greet us, he did not speak much english but could a little. Greeter made sure we knew driver and confirmed driver knew where we were going. Driver loaded our bags and unloaded the bags and tried to point out a few attractions along the way, english wasn't great put it was cute listening to him try and we appreciated it. It went so well we decided to us them on the way back to the airport and booked the night before we flew out and everything went smooth. Driver on the way back was about 10 minutes late though old city area is all road where only 1 car can fit down them though they are not one way streets so it is understandable and we were leaving at 9am rush hour, so make sure you plan a little extra time as we did and everything worked out great!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
758 posts
405 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just got back from Istanbul and used Backpackers travel...

Sari - i agree and wonder as well because honestly, we weren't solicited (I later wondered if something in my demeanor caused them concern to ask me! :) ). and in truth, their limited services we used were better than decent, and were very good.

Sometimes i suspect that some posts on TA are generated by competitors who wish to irritate potential travelers or cause suspect with a particular service or restaurant by one-posting it or by blatantly over-promoting it (i see this on our DC forum as well).

12. Re: Just got back from Istanbul and used Backpackers travel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:42