We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

Northwest Romania...
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

Hello everyone, does anyone know if in Istanbul Airport there are lockers? I will stay 12h between flights and I plan to leave my luggage in a locker, at the airport, and run in the city. Can anyone help me with this info? Thanks alot!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

PhoebeG, yes there is a "luggage storage office" at the airport. Have a look at my post: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5241…".

enigma...

Northwest Romania...
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

Thank you very much, Enigma, for giving me good news:) have a lovely day!

toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

hello everyone

i will stay 3 days between flights (november 4 until november 7 ,and i plan to leave my luggage in a locker ,at the airport, and run in the city .

can anyone help me with this in fo ???

thanks a lot

Edited: 28 October 2012, 11:36
Northwest Romania...
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

Hello Masoumeh M, yes, in the Ataturk airport there is an office where you can leave your luggage. And you can pay in Turkish lira, USD or Euro. There are not lockers with keys, but there's an office with an attendant. This office is located on your right hand side, after you go out in the "public"space, where people are waiting for travelers. Enjoy the city, it's beautiful!

toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

hi evreyone

thank you for sending message to me .

i would like to know how much the cost locker for 3 days

please tell me the price

thank you for every thing

masoumeh modaressi

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

masoumeh, Here is the cost of luggage storage for one day: "ataturkairport.com/en-EN/airportguide/Pages/…".

enigma...

Chicago, Illinois...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

Are there any lockers to keep suitcases safe if we can go in the city and enjoy our trip for five days without dragging the luggage along with us if some one can please help us in answering this question thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

sairamahmood, The storage area at the airport is secure and you can keep your luggage there for 5 days. Of course you have to consider the cost of storage as opposed to taking them with you to your hotel and storing them there for free for 5 days.

enigma...

Mississauga, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

Hi Enigma,

Is there any reliability of the lockers at the airport? what if someone's luggage gets stolen and in the luggage there were some expensive jewelry items or other expensive valuable??

are there any requirements of declaring if the luggage has any valuable item?

insurance facility??

Regards,

Omer

Edited: 08 August 2013, 01:37
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: are there any lockers in the Ataturk airport?

Omer, You need to insure your valuables separately against theft before your trip. The lockers facility does not provide any insurance besides the standard. airline insurance for one lost luggage (250 USD?). I personally would not leave expensive jewellery at the left luggage office.

enigma...