We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

Hi! I have a foreign passport (not US, but have US green card) and must get my tourist visa PRIOR to leaving travel to Turkey. I will send my application to NY Turkish consulate... but because my trip is coming up pretty soon I am freaking out that it wont be approved on time. Any idea on actual processing times? Is it better to go in person, rather than overnight mail? Thank you!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

TravelEatSleep, If I were you, I would make a quick visit to NYC to get my visa. However I would first contact the Honorary Consul General at Boston: "honturkishconsulga.org/consulate_services.php".

good luck,

enigma...

boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

Thanks a lot! The website had a 24hr call center, I asked about the Boston consulate and told me they are not doing visas there (at least now). So I have to go to New York (or apply by mail).

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,138 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

I agree with Enigma that it is much safer to just go to the consulate and get your visa. I do not think we really can predict how long it will take you to get your visa if you mail your passport, and I really hate to put my passport in the mail.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

Hey.. Im planning to go to the consulate too for my visa.. how many days did it take for u to get ur passport back ?

Level Contributor
259 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

I had read you can get your visa at the airport in Istanbul when you arrive. This is what I was planning to do (I have a US passport). Is this going to be a problem?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

ku and islandgirl, If you are US citizens, you can get a visa on arrival for only 20 USD. Don't waste your time with a visit to the consulate.

enigma...

Level Contributor
259 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

Thank you Enigma 2007!

8. Re: Turkish visa processing time (at consulate)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 02:18