We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cappadocia Day Trip

Fayetteville, West...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cappadocia Day Trip

If I book my own flight to/from Kayseri is it easy for me to get to Cappadocia? Is this the best airport to fly into? Can I easily see this without joining a tour?

I am a single female traveler, easy going but sometimes not the bravest.

All help is appreciated.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cappadocia Day Trip

If I book my own flight to/from Kayseri is it easy for me to get to Cappadocia?

Yes it is. From the airport catch a public bus in to town. Tell the driver you want to go to the nearest tram stop. Catch the tram and get off at Keykubat stop. It is a 5 minute walk to the bus terminal.

Is this the best airport to fly into?

Yes & No

From the bus terminal catch any bus going to Goreme. There are a few bus companies offering this service. Despite some of the bus offices saying there are no services to Goreme rest assured there are. Metro for instance does the journey from Kayseri to Goreme. In front of the bus it is likely to write Konya as the bus carried onwards to Aksaray and Konya after Goreme.

Alternatively you can fly in to Nevsehir and then simply take a bus to Goreme.

Alternatively you could ask your hotel to arrange for a transfer service to pick you up from either airport.

Can I easily see this without joining a tour?

Yes you can, You can travel by foot in the nearby valleys, see Goreme open air museum. If you want to go further you could rent a scooter and put put around the nearby areas that way. You could hire a quad bike for 2 hours or do a 1/2 day horse ride in the surrounding valleys.

I am a single female traveler, easy going but sometimes not the bravest.

Be brave, carry your street smarts and wits with you thruout Turkey and shel'll be fine.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,387 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cappadocia Day Trip

casey, I do not recommend a one day trip to Cappadocia. It is not worth it. An absolute minimum is 2 days but the recommended time is 3 days. If you however insist going there for a day make sure you pre arrange for a pick up from the airport (preferably Nevsehir) and a full day tour before you fly back to Istanbul. You can use Heritage Travel at Goreme for that. You can also use "www.bulucak.com" for flight schedules and fares, either to Kayseri or Nevsehir airports.

good luck,

enigma...

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cappadocia Day Trip

It is fairly easy to see Cappadocia as an independent traveler however if you are trying to only do a a day trip (which I wouldn't recommend as there is so much to see there - plus the travelling would be pretty exhausting) definitely take a tour from Istanbul so you don't waste a second!

Better still, try and find a second day to add to a visit of this incredible and unique area.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cappadocia Day Trip

I went to Cappadocia on a day trip, but I ended up renting a car, since the Turkish airline flight that I took arrived around 12, close to 1pm. Moreover, most, if not all day tours start in the morning, so its going to be hard to go around on your own without transportation. If I were you, I'd join a day tour from Istanbul.

5. Re: Cappadocia Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:42