We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokens for Metro and Tram

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Tokens for Metro and Tram

Can you use the same token for the metro and tram? For example, could I buy two tokens at the airport and use the first one on the metro and the second when I switch to the tram at Zeytinburnu? Thanks...at Schipol now awaiting our 11:00 flight to Istanbul!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,755 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

jdmckay, at metro and tram yes, but not on the ferries. They have their own. You can buy tokens at metro and tram stations and at the ferry piers.

enigma...

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

Thanks. We made it to the Doubletree Old Town. One note the hotel is practically right across the street from the Laleli Universite T-1 tram stop. Google maps show it close to Beyazit which is not the case at all. Thanks for all of your help. We spent a magical first evening in Istanbul and the metro/tram trip after a long overnight flight to the hotel went flawlessly and only cost 4 TL each.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

Tokens now cost 4tl? Jeez

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

Tokens cost 2 lira per mode of transport.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,755 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

Loli, 4 TL for metro and tram (2 TL each) from airport to Sultanahmet.

Enigma

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

Yes, I should have been more clear. We bought two tokens each at the airport...one for the metro (2 TL) and one for the T-1 Tram (2 TL). It was very convenient to transfer from the airport to the Old town Istanbul this way. We just got in last night, and so far, I'm very impressed with Istanbul!

uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

Can you use these tokens on the buses such as 76T as well?

Independence, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

jdmckay,

What is the weather like right now? Temps in the 50's-60's Fahrenheit daytime? We will be there in a couple weeks.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

Well, today was very rainy. The temps were a bit Coolidge in the low fifties. We were out last night and we were warm enough with a light coat.

Prague, Czech...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Tokens for Metro and Tram

Hello dear all,

I am flying to Istanbul tomorrow evening and will be in Istanbul at around half past 10 (Istanbul time) at night and i have 2 questions that i want to ask, i'd really appreciate it if anyone could help.

1) my hotel is just about 100-200 meters from the Aksaray metro station, however by the time I arrive at Aksaray it will be around 11-11:30pm, so the question is, how safe is it at night, that late at night around the Aksaray area, will i be able to walk to the hotel safe?

2) the tokens you buy for the metro, do you just drop it into the thingy (the meral thing at the entrance) and you can enter or your token will be returned to you with some kind of a stamp on it?

Thank you in advance