We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leather

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Topic
leather

hi

i am going to instanbul

and i would like to buy leather jacquette

i want good prices

regards

Elsy

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leather

elsy_melki, Prens Leather at Cemberlitas (near Grand Bazaar) gets very good reviews. "tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS". You can read the reviews of established posters and make up your mind. As a local, I personally shop at the malls more often and use Derimod, "http://www.derimod.com.tr/eng/default.html".

good luck,

enigma...

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leather

On the advice of enigma and others, I went out to the leather stores in Zeytinburnu on a rainy afternoon. Although Demimod (sp?) had a great selection, I found a bigger selection of coats in my size (XXL) at Levinson's up the street. Got a very nice jacket for around $300 - I'm pretty happy with it and have gotten quite a few compliments.

Edited: 29 March 2012, 17:24
encinitas,calif.
Level Contributor
941 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: leather

ah Beirut, my father took me there in 1965..beautiful.we walked up alot of stairs to a statue of the virgin mary.. the prices of leather were very good when i was there last spring. there area load of stores in the grand bazaar. the quality seems very nice and so many colors. you will definately find something...have a great trip...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: leather

Hi Elsy, if you travel to Edirne (3 hours away from istanbul by bus on border of Greece/Bulgaria) there is a good leather shop underneath Selimiye Mosque (Turkeys best designed mosque built by Great architect Sinan). The shops name is Ejder Deri. We bought my wife a nice leather jacket after bargaining for 230 lira. The same jacket in Istanbul Grand Bazaar was 500-600 lira.

I'm not saying bargains can't be found in Istanbul but have found Sultanahmet and the bazaars to generally be expensive.

Good luck and have fun on your shopping endeavours thruout Turkey.

Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: leather

thanks for your assistance.

much appreciated

Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: leather

yesharissa

7. Re: leather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 19:35
Manama, Bahrain
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: leather

I would like you go to Ibiza leather shop...high quality and good price...I got for my buffalo leather for 350 USD...Marlboro classic design

9. Re: leather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 05:18