We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mucver recipe

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Mucver recipe

As I know several people on this forum love mucver (and I am about to try making it for the first time), I thought it was time for a recipe post! Anyone else got a better recipe for this Istanbul favourite?

http://istanbuleats.com/category/recipes/

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mucver recipe

Hi GTTD,

I have never tried it fried in hazelnut oil. It's usually the sunflower oil

Also the dip sauce seems like a personal touch of the owner of the recipe. It's mostly served with plain full fat Turkish yoghurt as a dressing.

Enjoy

Borus

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mucver recipe

There are a few experimental and refined recipes on the excellent Turkey's For Life blogsite - hope this link works!

www.turkeysforlife.com/p/search-results.html…

Must say though that these ones in Istabuleats look far more like the great ones we have shared during our TA Meetups at Ev in London - the only ones I have eaten in Turkey itself have always been flat patties.

Good luck with the cooking!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mucver recipe

Thank you. Similar to those done here in Texas, except no dill, but an addition of red pepper flakes.

Update on good cookbook available in English?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mucver recipe

At Amazon there are numerous turkish cooking books (in English) available, for every taste.

I bought one in German on the Ortaköy (flee) market but I have to admit that very seldom I cook something along those recipes. It tastes different in Turkey - or from more talented cooks:-).

And themucver we ate at turkish friends in Germany have been more falt too, like our german "Reibekuchen" (fried potatoe pancakes)

Edited: 22 April 2012, 07:11
Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mucver recipe

Sorry, "flat" not falt.

6. Re: Mucver recipe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:16