We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istabul Airport

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,065 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Istabul Airport

Sorry if this is a repetitive question.

I will be flying through Turkey and have a 14 hour layover in Istanbul starting at 1700 till the next morning. I don't want to spend a lot of money for a hotel, or go through the hassle of leaving the airport, etc.

Is there anywhere in the airport with lounge chairs, or something like that where I could just hang out in between flights.

Thanks a lot.

Edited: 22 April 2012, 18:35
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Istabul Airport

At the airport there are many lounges you can pick. But 14 hours is pretty long time to spend in a lounge. Istanbul is a beautiful city and there is still too much you can fill in a short time. If you decide to leave the airport, only in half an hour you can reach to the historic peninsula, just stroll around there, have a light lunch and return to the airport.

Anyways enjoy your time

Borus

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,266 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istabul Airport

Oreets, there are lounges at the airport where you can spend some time. If both your flights are with Turkish Airlines, then you may qualify for a free hotel OR a free guided tour, both offered by Turkish Airlines. There are rules governing these offers. Inquire at the hotel desk at the airport. Have a look at the following link: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5225…". And here are trhe lounges at Ataturk Airport: "ataturkairport.com/en-EN/…LoungeServices.aspx".

good luck,

enigma...

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istabul Airport

Taking the metro and tram for a total of 4TL would seem to me the best way to spend some of your 14 hours. You can be in the old town in forty-five minutes, and you'll see that you can walk the old town, and even over the Galata Bridge easily. Istanbul is such a wonderful city; it would be a shame to miss it for sitting at an airport for fourteen hours.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,065 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istabul Airport

I think my original question was not clear - the time I will be in Istanbul is from 10 pm at night until 8 am the next morning - in which case

1 - is there any reason to leave the airport - can't really do any sightseeing at night

2 - is there somewhere in the airport I can sit comfortably and doze through the night without having to spend lots of money on a hotel room

thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,266 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Istabul Airport

Oreets, If you pay their fees, you can use the lounges overnight at the airport. You should first try the Prime Class and Millenium lounges. "ataturkairport.com/en-EN/…LoungeServices.aspx". If on the other hand, you want a good nights sleep, try the WOW Airport Hotel, about 1 km. from the Airport.

enigma...

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Istabul Airport

The Millenium lounge is a nice place to go. Not sure of the hours of operation.

7. Re: Istabul Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:41