We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey Visa

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Topic
Turkey Visa

I am traveling to Turkey this summer. I have a Mexican passport but I am US permanent resident and obviously I am living in US. I was wondering if I can get a visa upon arrival at the airport or do I need to get one before traveling? I found this information and just to be sure I called the embassy and they guy told me I need to apply before traveling by mail; however, I don't think he understood me. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Mexico: Ordinary, Service and Special passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. Ordinary, Service and Special passport holders, with a valid Schengen, UK, Canada, Japan or US visas or residing in these countries, may get their three-month multiple entry visas for their travel to Turkey with tourisitic purposes at the Turkish border gates upon their arrival. Only diplomatic passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels up to 90 days.

Visa Fees at Border Gates for 2011

Mexico 3 Months 20 $ - 15 Euro

Daily Istanbul Tours
Private Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Shopping Tours, City Tours
Istanbul Custom Tours-Private Day Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tours Turkey
Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Cultural Tours
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey Visa

Fatima, You got that from the official Foreign Ministry website. If you have Mexican citizenship and a US Green card, then you can get a 3 months tourist visa at the airport.

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey Visa

Thank you! I just got confused from the information I got from calling. Just wanted to make sure I can get the visa at the airport. Thanks!

London, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey Visa

I am an Irish passport holder, resident in the UK.

How much is the fee for a tourist visa at the Turkish border? Do I need to bring euros or pounds to pay the fee?

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkey Visa

Hi Nollag,

As an Irish passport holder you can get an up to 90 day stay tourist visa at the border, no problem and where you live in your case is irrelevant. It costs Euro 15 or GBP 10 - you can pay in either currency.

5. Re: Turkey Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 08:15