We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping festival - June 2012

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping festival - June 2012

We are spending 4 days in Istanbul ( then travelling around Turkey) in June and I saw that there is a shopping festival on. Where would be the best place to shop during the festival? We are staying in Sultanmet so we would travel from there. I have looked at the festival web site but it's a bit hard to work out what it's all about.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping festival - June 2012

Chermark, For shopping festival malls and main shopping avenues would be your best bet. Have a look: "http://www.istshopfest.com/Mall". Also many shops on Istiklal street and Bagdat street are participating in this event. I highly recommend Kanyon Mall, Istinye Park, Forum Istanbul and Forum Marmara malls.

good luck,

enigma...

Sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping festival - June 2012

Thank so much enigma - we are so looking forward to visiting. Are the malls easy to get to?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping festival - June 2012

Yes, they are. For example to go to Istinye Park, simply take the metro from Taksim to ITU-Ayazaga station and walk about 500 meters to get to the mall.You can reach both Forum Istanbul and Forum Marmara by a metro from Aksaray. Get off at Kartaltepe/Kocatepe for Forum Istanbul and at Zeytinburnu for Forum Marmara.

enjoy shopping,

enigma...

Sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping festival - June 2012

Excellent thanks I will.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping festival - June 2012

Hi I would like to buy an excellent quality genuine leather handbag from Istanbul, What is the best place?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping festival - June 2012

tamerads, there are brand name stores like Louis Vuitton but they are utterly expensive. I would check Desa, Matras, Derimod, and Derishow brand name leather stores at the malls. Adittionally Hotic shoe stores also have nice leather handbags.

good luck,

enigma...

Sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping festival - June 2012

Tried to find the one you describe but could not find it. Have since found out that we went right past Kanyon (levent)in the train. No one seemed to know what we were talking at the ITU station as well. Oh well- at least I could navigate the trains.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping festival - June 2012

Merhaba Chermak,

You needn't ask anybody where the ITÜ-Ayazağa station is. Just follow the electronic boards placed on top of the train doors. Whenever the train heads for the next station on its route, a green arrow starts to blink to indicate what it is. ITU is not pronounced as I-T-U in Turkish, it is "ee-tue". Try again next time you'll be around.

Good luck

Borus

Edited: 17 June 2012, 15:48
9. Re: Shopping festival - June 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:16