We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airlines Strike

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Topic
Turkish Airlines Strike

Cabin personnel of the TA went on slowdown strike today. Some flights were delayed and more than 100 flights were cancelled. So if you are on any TA flight, please check the status of your flight before you finalize your travel plans.

I am sure that this situation will be resolved very shortly but it's good to be prepared for any negative possibility until then.

Good luck

Borus

California
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

I have a flight tomorrow morning from Istanbul to Vienna I cannot get on their website. What is the possibility of my flight being cancelled?

California
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

If there isn't a strike tomorrow, will today's stranded passengers bump me off my flight for tomorrow even though I have a "confirmed" ticket?

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

At the moment, Hurriyet is saying the strike may be indefinite (although only 104 of 450 flights were cancelled today) so you should check before you travel to the airport as I am sure this means there will at least be some disruption.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,139 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

Guess, everyone must be checking - I can't get on THY website either.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

They have opened a new website for this: www.thyduyuru.com

Your flight is not there among the cancelled ones. But I strongly advise you to cross check the status if your flight before you finalize your flight program.

Good luck and safe flight back home

Borus

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

And arrive early as the disruption may mean longer lines at check in, security etc!

California
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

I am at Istanbul airport. Counter rep said strike is over. However there are flightscamcelled. Check first. Also, did the hackers hack the self service kiosk?

Stupid me try to use self service kiosk and I couldn't complete the self check in. Put in name, pnr nu,her , scan passport but kept seeing 'waiting' on screen. I had to click on ' coninue' twice but nothing so I excited, I did the self kiosk over 4 hours of flight . Was my personal info jeopardized? I am worry.

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
1 post
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

Most flights cancelled 150 staff fired total mess philip

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

silCa

THY (Turkish Airlines) web based services were hacked in protest at the summary sacking of THY staff, by text message! My understanding of the hack is that it is/was a disruptive measure rather than one with any intent to obtain personal details, so my best guess would be that any personal details would not be compromised.

Sue

uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Turkish Airlines Strike

If you go to this web-site, It shows all of today's departures and arrivals including delays and cancellations.

Surprisingly few cancellations

europe-airports.com/turkey/…