We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pamukkale-Cotton fortress, red water of kasahayit

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Pamukkale-Cotton fortress, red water of kasahayit

My itinerary for Pamukkale is- " visit the ancient Hierapolis with the magnificent Necropolis, graveyard and the lime cascade. "

Does this include cotton fortress, red water of kasahayit or is it a separate thing to see. If it does include than what is it called in the itinerary. If it does not include than how should I go about it and where is it exactly located as my tour is very cramped up and it is diffficult for me to find time to see the cotton fortress and red water of Kasahayit. Also where is the hot water spring ?????

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pamukkale-Cotton fortress, red water of kasahayit

The ruins of Hierapolis and the white travertines are side by side, with the hot spring in the middle. The red spring at Karahayit is about 5km to the north of Pamukkale.

Edited: 14 June 2012, 11:28
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,118 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pamukkale-Cotton fortress, red water of kasahayit

ZABIN, Here is a good thread on Karahayit where red springs are. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297991-i16859-k41…". It would be definitely worthwhile to see it. Just take a taxi from Pamukkale to Karahayit (or a dolmush).

enigma...

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pamukkale-Cotton fortress, red water of kasahayit

ok,

Thanx a ton,

It means I will be seeing cotton fortres. So the lime cascade, cotton fortress (hot water springs) and Ruins of Hierapolis are next to each other and can be done by walking from one place to another inside 1 km....

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pamukkale-Cotton fortress, red water of kasahayit

"lime cascade, cotton fortress (hot water springs) and Ruins of Hierapolis are next to each other and can be done by walking from one place to another inside 1 km" - yes, that's right.

5. Re: Pamukkale-Cotton fortress, red water of kasahayit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:40