We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Topic
Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

Merhaba forum,

There are so many questions related to the service and product quality of Turkish Airlines on this forum. As did it last year, this year's best European airline award goes to Turkish Airlines which is also ranked 7th in the world's best airlines list. Here is the link for more information:

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/

Borus

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

Always hear good things about Turkish Airlines

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

Well deserved for Turkish Airlines. I fly them as much as I can.

"worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2012/europe.htm"

enigma...

3. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2012, 12:07
Edited: 30 July 2012, 12:07
4. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

Here's an interesting video, that shows how Turkish Airlines celebrates its success by pasting the pictures of 17,000 employees from all over the world on one of the newly acquired planes. This is also a first for airlines in the world. "…hurriyet.com.tr/2/35059/0/1/thy-den-dunyada…"

enigma...

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

We have never had better service or meals on any other airline, so from our perspective this is a well-deserved award. I just wish they were affiliated with our airline of choice in the US.

7. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

Will be travelling on THY for this first time in September! Glad it is so highly recommended! It also worked out well that they are affiliated with United/Continental so we will get our miles. (Busy-retired - that must be frustrating to not get your miles on the account you want).

The one thing that has been frustrating with THY so far is their website. We booked directly there (instead of Expedia, etc) to insure that we will get the miles for our flight. But right from the beginning it was very confusing because it took 4 tries for the transaction to go through and then we didn't know for sure that we had made the booking until about an hour later when we finally go the email, telling us to make payment. And then a few more tries to make sure the payment went through.

Also, it seems like there is no way to pick seats, make special meal requests, etc when you go into your booking on the site. And I keep trying to enter our passenger information (passport #'s, DOB, & fix the genders LOL) but it doesn't save the information I enter - just keeps reverting back to blanks (& the wrong gender haha).

Anyone have any tips for how to manuever this website? Or experience similar problems?

Burbank, CA
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

I booked THY flights for my upcoming trip to Istanbul (in 1.5 weeks!) thru a third party site (like Expedia, etc) because the price was better. Then I went to the THY website to make sure my booking was confirmed. It was. But I agree their website needs to be modernized and be more user friendly. There was no way to select seats online. And I found out that you can not make seat selection until about 3 months before the flight, and you have to call the airline to do that. I prefer doing everything online normally, so this was a hassle.

I am glad to know that they are very well regarded and won the award. I did read online about temperature issue inside the cabin (too hot) on one of thir flights, but maybe that was an anomaly. My coworker just came back from Turkey on THY and she did not experience such problem. The cabin was cold, which is more of the usual issue.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the much praised service in THY. I do hope they revamp their website soon, which should make them even better!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Turkish Airlines gets best airline of Europe award in 2012

Flennie,

Turkish airlines has two seperate features on its web site. One of them is online sales, the other is online check-in. Since they constantly optimize the flight schedules and the aircrafts suitable for each flight, they can't offer advance check-in. The aircraft is set and known for your flight only in the last 24 hours, only when you can select your seat, print out your boarding pass, and choose your meals.

Hope this helps

Borus

Edited: 14 July 2012, 19:28