We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brum
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

Hi,

I will be coming to Istanbul in September. I will be staying in the old quarter in SultanAhmet area. I would like to go for morning prayers (roughly 5:30 - 6am for the prayers) at the Eyup Sultan Mosque.

I was wondering if you could tell me the best (and cheapest) way to get to the Eyup Sultan Mosque at that time for around 5am? I looked at walking - it's around an hour, which I'm willing to do as a last resort.

Thanks in advance.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

I think you have only two options to get to Eyub at 5AM: either walk or take a taxi.

Best of luck

Borus

Edited: 17 July 2012, 18:40
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

syed, I am afraid your best bet is to take a taxi. It will cost around 15 TL. Public transport does not start till 6.00 AM. You can also do partial walking to Eminonu from Sultanahmet and take a taxi afterwards, to minimize the cost.

enigma...

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

Hi.. What is the best way from sultanahmet to eyup mosque? Thanks in advance :)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

Mohdfirdaus, take the tram from Sultanahmet to Eminonu and the Golden Horn (Halic) ferry from Eminonu to Eyup. That is it. It is a wonderful ferry ride. The ferry pier is behind the bus stops at Eminonu.

good luck,

enigma...

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

Could you please help me to recommend the best way and transportation if public available I would like to use it. I will be with my family and I am wondering if there are public transportation from Eyup to other areas such as sultanahmet and other important location in Istanbul.

I booked my hotel at Eyup area but could not find any thing except taxi

I will appreciate your help

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

jumalama, There is always a bus from Eyup to Eminonu and you can take the tram from Eminonu to Sultanahmet. You can also take the Golden Horn ferry from Eyup to Eminonu and the tram to Sultanahmet. No direct connections between these two places though. Have a look: "sehirhatlari.com.tr/Uploads/KISTARIFESI.pdf".

enigma...

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

Thanks for your replay. Do you recommed for me to rent a car with GPS from airport as i have four kids and my wife or it will be easy to use public transp.

Is it easy to drive in Istanbul and find parking

Thanks again

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

It's horrible to drive in Istanbul. Don't do it!

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

It's horrible to drive in Istanbul. Don't do it!

10. Re: SultanAhmet Area to Eyup Sultan Mosque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:21