We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello guys; i really need ur help :)

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hello guys; i really need ur help :)

I was wondering if anyone could help me ; i am travelling to istanbul in less than a week & i want to ask several questions:

1- what are the ranges of prices in sephora istanbul & mac ; will i get a good bargin or is it too expensive??

2- what clothes stores could offer me a good bargin; because i saw zara for example and i found that most of the things are expensive & as iam travelling alone i need to know how much to take for shopping ???

3- what sightseeing places are the best in istanbul???

i am travelling on 2 august so i hope i would get a good bargin

thank you in advance :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello guys; i really need ur help :)

Hi Salma -

It would be good to know where you will be staying and for how long. In most cases

I did not see substantial savings on name-brand items that I could not get at a good sale here in the states. However the most encouraging and exciting part of shopping in Istanbul is that you go with a certain amount of money you have put aside for shopping along with a list of items you are most interested in.This list would be helpful for us to see, so we can direct you to specific stores or malls if applicable.

More good news is that there are sales everywhere. Every day. If you are young, hip and contemporary, you will love cruising the stores of Taksim/Istiklal. There you will be see international and local styles that may provoke a change in plans. As always and in all places, remember that usually price will dictate quality. You may not be planning on a shirred silk scarf, nearly gossamar, of incredible style and color and long sexy fringe, but might choose it over a mediocre pair of jeans. Being a shoe and boot freak, I nearly spent my whole wad on just two pairs of shoes and one purse. They were THAT different. THAT special. I left home knowing I wanted a famous Turkish leather bag. Had no idea that an emboidered one of black suede with purple and red flowers, and bright yellow grossgrain ribbons would steal my heart. No regrets. I have not seen anything remotely close to them in over a year.

Anyway, once again, how many days,and which, will you be there so itinerary suggestions can be more tailored than just the "must do's?

Happy planning. Come back soon with a few ideas as your time is short.

Sharon

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello guys; i really need ur help :)

I would be staying at green anka hotel for 4 days & then i will go to yeditepe university in the Asian side ; as i am attending a model there ; so i was hoping that in these 4 days i would be able to visit places & shop at the same time.

thank you for ur fast reply :)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,689 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello guys; i really need ur help :)

salma, welcome to Istanbul.

Here are the Sephora stores in Istanbul. The most convenient for you would be the one on Demiroren-Istiklal mall on Istiklal street. "http://www.sephora.com.tr/tr/pid2561/mağazalar.html?search=Istanbul".

I suggest that you visit Cetinkaya Department store on Istiklal, Mango stores everywhere, "shop.mango.com/ayuda2/index.faces…", and Optimum Outlet Center at Kadikoy/Asian side.

good luck,

enigma...

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello guys; i really need ur help :)

Neither Sephora or MAC are Turkish brands and so you will pay a premium - but whether it is cheaper than at home (or you could buy from the internet) I don't know. Do some research before travelling.

If you stick to Turkish brands, you can get good bargains and excellent quality - if you try to buy foreign brands, they will be more expensive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello guys; i really need ur help :)

So did you get your Susani bag in the end Sharon - did you get it from the Turkish Trading Co?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k50…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hello guys; i really need ur help :)

Attagul - I picked up only a small cosmetic bag - still fabulous - while there and fortunately had a friend in Istanbul go back and get me the larger as well.

But much thanks for the web site. That place is great and good for purchasing fabrics for pillow covers and if I remember, also had some of the mosaic hanging lamps that are still on my list.

I was too chicken, however, to get the boots that I truly love!

7. Re: Hello guys; i really need ur help :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 10:15