We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around in Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around in Istanbul

I have booked the Three Apples Residency at Beyoglu. How easy or difficult is it to get around to the Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar by public transport? How are the taxis priced to get to these areas?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around in Istanbul

rainbow,

your hotel is in Talimhane district off the Taksim Square. The best way to get there is to take the HAVATAŞ shuttle from airport to Taksim and from the shuttle stop at Taksim, walk for about 5-7 minutes to your hotel.

For the shuttle timetable and fares: http://www.havatas.com/en/coach.aspx?i=1

Your hotel has an ideal location to reach almost everywhere by using the public transportation (it is very near both the main metro hub in Taksim and the famous Istiklal Street)

You can get the funicular from Taksim to Kabataş and take the tram from Kabataş to Sultanahmet. Have a look at this link for more information on Istanbul public transportation system:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5538…

Enjoy,

Borus

Edited: 31 July 2012, 13:36
London, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around in Istanbul

Thanks for all the information, it is helpful. I will be using the public transport as it seems pretty easy and cheap.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around in Istanbul

we are staying at titanic business hotel and please advise how do we go to the grand bazaar from the hotel.

Thank you.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around in Istanbul

It is quite a long way from the Titanic Business Hotel to the Grand Bazaar. Probably the best way is taxi from the hotel to Kadikoy, ferry to Eminonu (or Karakoy) and then tram to Beyazit (or Cemberlitas).

One of the residents may know a quicker way though.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,270 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around in Istanbul

Snowy, Are you referring to Titanic Business Hotel Europe at Bayrampasa. If that is the case, then walk to Sagmalcilar metro station from Hotel (10 minutes) and board the train for Aksaray. At Aksaray you can walk to Grand Bazaar in 15-20 minutes.

enigma...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around in Istanbul

Dear Enigma2007,

The hotel name given to me is Titanic Business Hotel. We are not sure if it is the same as Titanic Business Hotel Europe. Is there more htan one Titanic Business Hotel in Istanbul ?

Thank you for your direction advice to Grand Bazaar.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting around in Istanbul

Dear gonetothedogs,

Thank you. Appreciate you taking time to reply to my query and the direction advice to Grand Bazaar.

Hv a great day !

8. Re: Getting around in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 00:17