We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Konya sema ceremony

Italy
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Topic
Konya sema ceremony

Where and when does the Konya sema ceremony take place? Is it free? Any tickets necessary? Where and how much in advance should I get them?

Edited: 11 September 2012, 15:12
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,426 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Konya sema ceremony

6688ib, You need to get those tickets now. Here is an older thread that talks about getting tickets for Seb-i Arus ceremonies at Konya in December. "tripadvisor.com/…29692706". You can use "google translate" for the links. There are still tickets available for Seb-i Arus ceremonies on December 17th.

eniigma...

Italy
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Konya sema ceremony

I actually do not mean Mevlana festival in December. I wil be in Konya on a Saturday night in September/October and just want to know if any tickets are neccessary to see sema and the price of such... Thank you

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,146 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Konya sema ceremony

Hi 6688, I have not attended a Whirling Dervish Ceremony in Konya, but I do have these notes that I made recently when contemplating a visit there later this year. In reference to the Saturday performance this is what I have. Tickets are free and can be obtained from local hotels and travel agencies, as well as the tourist office (behind the Mevlâna Museum on Mevlâna Caddesi 21; 353 4020), which opens from 8.30am until 5.30pm every day except Sunday.

Tickets can also be booked for public and private Dervish performances from Selene Tourism (Ayanbey Sokak 22b; 353 6745).

I hope this will be helpful for you, and if you are successful would you please return to the forum and let us know?

4. Re: Konya sema ceremony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 10:17