We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to book bus tickets online?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
181 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
How to book bus tickets online?

How do you book bus tickets online?

Trying to book Ankara to Goreme for next week and each compny's website keeps messing up:

Suha Turizm insists on an ID number which I assume is a Turkish ID number, even though I enter a foreign telephone number.

Metro Turizm - on entering foreign telephone number there is no ID number problem. Instead it keeps asking me for the names of all passengers - but I am travelling alone and only selected one seat.

Have not tried Nevsehir Seyahat yet due to poor feedback.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to book bus tickets online?

tobegold, Those websites are made for the Turkish people only, unfortunately and as the foreign visitors increased in numbers, the English versions have been added as an an afterthought. To the popular destinations, Turks buy their tickets on the day of travel or a few days before. So you can try that. For example, If you go to Ankara Otogar (Main Bus Terrminal) you will find diffrent company buses leaving Goreme on that day. You can simply pick a seat from the company that has availability first. If you want to buy in advance, you can drop by the bus company offices in the city. Here is more on this issue: "turkeytravelplanner.com/trans/Bus/buytix.html".

good luck,

enigma...

Vancouver
Level Contributor
181 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to book bus tickets online?

Enigma, thanks for your help. I ended up bookıng on the Nevsehir Seyahat sıte it had same bookıng page as Suha but dıd not require Turkish ID number, they also had later buses. The other companies only had 2 and 1 bus on my day of travel respectively. Just have to make sure the actual ticket says Goreme as per my email confırmatıon. Just arrived ın Istanbul and flyıng out to Denizli for Pamukkale tomorrow to start my trıp. Havıng to adjust to the Turkısh keyboard ı I i İ for starters :)

3. Re: How to book bus tickets online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2013, 10:16