We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested Departure/Return Times for Izmir/Ephesus

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
138 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested Departure/Return Times for Izmir/Ephesus

I have been exclusively using the search feature for the past few months as we plan our trip to Istanbul in two weeks time, but I just cannot find an answer to this one.

We are in Istanbul from the US from Nov 11th - 18th and want to take a day trip over to Izmir/Ephesus. From the previous postings here, I am using aerobillet to find schedules and prices, but I am wondering what a good departure/return time would be and perhaps even the best day of the week?

At first I thought Monday would be good (given museum closures in IST), but that is our first full day there and I would like to take the time to get acclimated. If we get the museum pass on Tuesday in IST, we could go to Ephesus on Thursday so we can use within the 72 hour period?

Thanks!

NZ
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested Departure/Return Times for Izmir/Ephesus

No problems with Thursday. If you fly Atlasjet they have a free shuttle from the Izmir airport to Selcuk and return. The shuttle meets the flights which is really handy. I'd leave Istanbul no later than 9 - takes about an hour and allow 3/4 to get to Selcuk. Selcuk is a pleasant little town and many nice restaurants. You could eat there and return later to Istanbul.

2. Re: Suggested Departure/Return Times for Izmir/Ephesus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:17