We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels w/ complimentary shuttle service to SAW?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
230 posts
342 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels w/ complimentary shuttle service to SAW?

Are there any hotels in the SAW area that have complimentary or low-cost shuttle service to SAW?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels w/ complimentary shuttle service to SAW?

Carmel, You can try "divan.com.tr/ENG/…", but they probably will have extra charges for transfer. You can stay at the SAW Airport Hotel and avoid all transfer charges.

enigma...

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
230 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels w/ complimentary shuttle service to SAW?

Thank you, enigma. I am now at the ISG Airport Hotel and it is great that it is within walking distance from the arrivals terminal at SAW.

I took the Havatas bus earlier today from IST (I was staying at an airport hotel there) to Taksim, then transferred to another Havatas bus from Taksim to SAW. Total travel time was two hours.

Unfortunately, in going to Sultanahmet from SAW this afternoon, it was a much longer journey. Two hours via Havatas bus from SAW to Taksim; I don't know what the traffic incident causing this was. On our return journey to the airport hotel, we took the tram to Eminonu, then the ferry to Kadakoy (20 minutes), then E-10 bus to SAW (40 minutes).

At least we can just walk next door to catch our domestic flight tomorrow morning.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels w/ complimentary shuttle service to SAW?

Carmel, Good to see that you are adjusting to Istanbul ways. Bon voyage.

enigma...

4. Re: Hotels w/ complimentary shuttle service to SAW?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 13:19