We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tattoo

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Tattoo

Is there anywhere in Istanbul that does tattoos or henna please?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,122 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tattoo

Les Arts Turcs, located near the cisterns in Sultanahmet has an artist who will work with either ink or henna. This is a reputable establishment where I believe you would receive excellent service.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tattoo

While there seem to be some excellent tattooists in Istanbul (if you google, you can find award-winning parlours around Istiklal Cad and also in Kadikoy), I would avoid having ink tattoos done abroad. Apart from the problems of aftercare while you are on holiday, you wouldn't be able to go back to them for touch-ups etc - plus you would be unable to read the licensing etc....! I have heard and seen too many horror stories!

A henna tattoo at Les Arts Turcs may be a good plan though.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tattoo

I wouldn't dare to have my body inked in a foreign city. I am sure you can find a reliable tatooist in your own city. GTTD is so right about the after care. Don't risk it if there is even a slightest chance to ruin your vacation.

Be safe,

Borus

Edited: 05 January 2013, 21:07
Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tattoo

Thanks again for all the advice.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tattoo

Stick to henna in Istanbul, and head to London (or Brighton) for your ink!

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tattoo

Thank you Gonetothedogs !

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tattoo

Actually Carrie i think I would be very careful about going for a henna tatoo - I recall there have been various warnings on the forums, like this one:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298661-i1330-k4…

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,910 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tattoo

I just want to second the previous posters, don´t risk an ink tatttoo on holidays in a foreign city. I know from experiences with family members (!) that there might be some complications, even if the tattoo studio is very trustworthy and professional, and this could spoil your holidays or - even worser - your health.

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tattoo

Thank you for your advice and I will make sure it is brown.I have to say though that I have had brown and black henna,here in the UK and in different parts pf Turkey and Morocco and haven't had a reaction at all ----so far!

10. Re: Tattoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:17