We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey Transit Visa

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey Transit Visa

Hi All,

I am an Egyptian citizen who have a UK student visitor visa. I will stay transit at Istanbul airport. Do you think I can get a transit visa at the airport? And is the transit visa for 24 hrs or 3 days?

Thank you.

95 replies to this topic
Aswan, Egypt
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

Thank you so much for your help. I wished there were anyways of saving my 1000$bought ticket unfortunatly.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

Hi All

I have a uk travel document which is valid to most of the European countries. I have a flight from Iran to Amsterdam with turkish airline via Istanbul and I would stop there for few hours. Do I need to obtain a transit visa for Turkey???

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,426 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

Alex, there is no transit visa in Turkey and you do not need one. Simply arrive at the transit area at one gate and depart from another. You can still shop at the excellent duty free shopping center in the meanwhile. Make sure all your luggage is checked in through Amsterdam at Iran.

good luck,

enigma...

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

Hi

Thank you so much for your useful information.

5 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

What kind of visa is it and is it a single entry or multiple and what is the duration of the visa?

5 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

What kind of visa is it and is it a single entry or multiple and what is the duration of the visa?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,426 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

olabisidero, The answer changes according to each nationality. What is yours?

enigma...

5 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

Sir suppose the turkish visa on arrival is sinlge entry can I apply for residence permit or change it to multiple entry visa in turkey if yes what will I need to do so?

5 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

Am a Nigerian I have valid american visa pls can I extend the turkish visa given on arrival within the airport to 3months normal visa?

Edited: 04 September 2014, 15:51
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,426 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Turkey Transit Visa

olabisidero,

Here are the requirements for Nigerian Citizens and I quote:

"You must meet all the requirements listed below in order to obtain an e-Visa. Please confirm that you meet these criteria by clicking the boxes next to them. If you do not meet any of these requirements and you proceed with your application, your e-Visa will be invalid.

I am travelling for the purposes of tourism or business.

I hold a valid supporting document (Schengen visa or a valid visa from any of the OECD member countries; or a valid residence permit of a Schengen or OECD country). e-Visas are not accepted as a supporting document.

I have a round-trip ticket with Turkish Airlines or Pegasus Airlines.

I hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date I intend to enter Turkey.

I can prove that I hold a return ticket, hotel reservation and at least 50 $ per each day of my stay.

I confirm that I meet each and every one of the conditions listed above".

The website you will use is "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/" and you will have to have a Turkish Airlines R/T ticket from US to Istanbul. The visa you will get is single entry, for 30 days and costs 40 USD.

If later on you want to extend your stay beyond 30 days, you need to apply to Turkish Immigration Police Foreigners Department. There will be additional requirements visa extension or residency and your petition may be accepted or denied, depending on the circumstances of your application.

good luck,

enigma...

Reply to: Turkey Transit Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted