We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selcuk to sirince and kusadasi

Hong Kong, China
8 posts
Save Topic
Selcuk to sirince and kusadasi

I have a whole morning and whole afternoon (probably up till 6pm) to stay in selcuk. Is it possible to visit sirince and kusadasi in this day? If so, which city should i visit first? And how is the transportation arranged? Thanks a lot!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,924 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selcuk to sirince and kusadasi

Mr_Henry, Sirince and Kusadasi are at opposite directions and each needs about 3 hours. I recommend that you rent a car early morning (or the previous evening) and go and visit these places at your own leisure. I visited both these places afrom my base at Selcuk and here is my trip report based upon personal travel experience: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5874…". Otherwise you can take a dolmush from Selcuk Otogar to Kusadasi and return and take another dolmush to Sirince. However you will have to wait for those minibuses and they only work at certain times. So my suggestion is simply to rent a car. The rental will be about 60-70 TL and there are many car rental places at Selcuk at the street that houses Selcuk museum (closed for restoration currently).

good luck,

enigma...

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,924 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selcuk to sirince and kusadasi

Henry, Here is the route: "http://goo.gl/maps/e7ldK".

enigma...

NZ
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selcuk to sirince and kusadasi

If you are reluctant to drive yourself it is possible to hire a taxi for the day which may give you more freedom. The road up to Sirince is reasonably winding which some people find daunting to drive if they are unused to hill roads.

Hong Kong, China
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Selcuk to sirince and kusadasi

Thanks enigma! may i ask how long it takes if we take the dolmus from selcuk to sirience and kusadasi respectively? how much does it cost usually? thanks!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,924 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Selcuk to sirince and kusadasi

Henry, Here is the dolmush cooperative timetables and costs: "http://www.selcukkusadasi.com/seferler.html". If the info on the website is current, it costs a mere 5 TL from Selcuk to Kusadasi. From Selcuk to Sirince there is dolmush every half hour till 5.00 PM. I think they are 3 TL. Sirince is only 8 km's from Selcuk. A taxi would cost 40 TL.

good luck,

enigma...

6. Re: Selcuk to sirince and kusadasi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:18