We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey E-Visa

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
346 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey E-Visa

Anybody used this yet?

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

929 replies to this topic
Bolton, England
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
461. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Am I safe to assume no one has done the group booking, I am not talking about a family booking where you just add others?

@69Beaver, I am using the official site, the middle section of my post was taken from the official faq's.

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
462. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Thank You enigma..

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,352 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
463. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Slider_you_stink, The best thing for you is to contact the evisa administrators at the website and ask them this question: "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/feedback/".

If you as an individual can not do it, then simply enlist the help of the nearest travel agent to do it for you for a small processing fee.

good luck,

enigma...

Berkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
464. Re: Turkey E-Visa

You have to be careful and check everything you do as you will have to pay again to apply if incorrect. Knowing this I was extremely careful. On receiving my visa to print the actual date on my date of birth was incorrect! I requested proof that this was actually my fault as it was not by one figure it was totally the other end of the calendar and the one thing I am sure about is my date of birth! Unfortunately proof could not be offered and I was advised it was my responsibility and I would have to pay to apply again! Not impressed and hope this is not a reflection on my first visit to Turkey! Surely five days difference on a birth date being the only incorrect item when you have the original passport should not result in another fee being paid or is that another question!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,352 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
465. Re: Turkey E-Visa

"Surely five days difference on a birth date being the only incorrect item when you have the original passport should not result in another fee being paid"

The governments make the rules. You should see the fees the UK government charges to foreign citizens, and pages and pages of the rules for a simple tourist visa. And there is NO UK evisa and people wait for weeks to get an appointment and then wait some more to actually get the stamp. Compared to that, Turkish evisa system is one of the easiest, most user friendly, convenient and least stressful systems in the world.

enigma...

Berkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
466. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Agree.... I have applied for Visas all over the World..... I am more concerned about the fact that this site could not proove it was not their mistake and insist on another payment to re-apply...How many people get caught out like this?

Toronto
Level Contributor
318 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
467. Re: Turkey E-Visa

I have read every post on this thread, but am not sure of these issues.

One poster commented that the format for your telephone number must be entered a certain way/format. No one else commented on that. I am going to apply today and don't want to make any mistakes. Do I just put my area code and tele number, or do I need more.

Second question is if there are TA people who have used Safari without issues. I read somewhere that one muse use IE.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering, which will calm me down. I am flying in five days.

Toronto
Level Contributor
318 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
468. Re: Turkey E-Visa

It's OK, just did my visa app and received it within minutes.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,352 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
469. Re: Turkey E-Visa

cgw1, good for you. Enjoy your Turkey trip.

enigma...

Toronto
Level Contributor
318 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
470. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Thank you enigma. I have had so many invitations for so many years to go to Turkey and am so happy that this time I am able to accept. I am so looking forward to a wonderful month in your country, especially my time bathing in the red waters in a small hotel in Karahayit. My homes away from home will be in my friends' homes in Tire and summer houses in Kusadasi and Didim. Can't wait!!!!!!!

Reply to: Turkey E-Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted