We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Topic
Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

I need your help! I am busy planning our itinerary for our trip in October. We arrive at 13:20 on a Tuesday and are being picked up by the hotel. So far For the first day Ihave planned to visit the Blue Mosque and then go on to the Cemberlitas Hamini taking the tram. I thought after that we could wald to the Sulemaniye Camil Mosque. Would that be possible or is that too far? What is the best way to return to the Hotel after that visit? That night we will probably have dinner at the hotel. We will be in Istanbul for eight days before going on to Selcuk so I am combing the forum. I do appreciate all the valuable information that is available and will try not to be too much of a pest with questions!

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

Make sure you have a good map so you don't waste too much time getting lost and you know how to get from one place to the other.

Yes you can walk to Suleymaniye Mosque from Cemberlitas (although it may be better to combine it with seeing the Grand Bazaar as one of the easiest ways to get there is to walk through or around the GB). It doesn't take long and it is an easy walk.

As for getting back..... Probably walk back to Beyazit and get the tram. Or walk downhill to the waterfront and get the tram from there - more interesting but it can be a bit crazy! Or with a good map, it is just as easy to walk back to the Erboy.

And feel free to be a pest!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

Thanks gone to the dogs. Wll try to locate a good map as I understand a lot of them are incomplete. I think walking the the Grand Bazar is doable especially after the Hamam and would be exciting to observe all the hustle and bustle. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too ambitious with the 2 mosques on the first half day however I know walking is a good idea after a long trip.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

You should have time - you will probably only stay about 45 mins in the mosques (maybe longer in Suleymaniye) but it is easy to spend a lot of time in the hammam - especially after a long flight!

If you get a chance, stop for beans in one of the restaurants that face Suleymaniye mosque (a speciality of the area - and a fabulously cheap and tasty snack/meal).

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,951 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

alphatravellots, You will be very tired after a long flight. After the Cemberlitas Hamam, I would take the tram from Cemberlitas to Gulhane and have the welcome dinner at the hotel. Leave Suleymaniye Mosque to another day when you can give it the time it deserves.

good luck,

enigma...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

Enigma sounds like a plan but forewarned is forearmed and if we are rejuvenated after the Hamam we have a fallback....you guys are the best!

Thanks again

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
604 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

We just got back from a 6 night stay at the Erboy and its location couldn't be better for walking around the city. About the only places we didn't walk to were Taksin (altho we walked back) and Chora Church. If you're returning from Sulemaniye to the hotel, the Spice Market and Galata Bridge are more on the way than is the Grand Bazaar. Maybe it would make sense to leave the Blue Mosque for when you're in that area, and instead go directly to the Hamam and then see how much time and energy you have left for the Mosque and/or Spice Market. The restaurant at the hotel is excellent-we ate there twice ( the first time was the free welcome dinner.).

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

Thanks Taliban great to hear how others found the Erboy and that it is as central as reported. I understood Gone to the Dogs to mean after I finished at the Hamam Cemberlitas to walk through the Bazar on the way to the Sulemaniye Camil Mosque. It looks like the Blue Mosque is on the way to the humam so that is why I chose it as the first stop. The last thing I want is to be cramming too many stops in but then again I want to get the most out of our visit and if we feel recharged after the humam we may go on but we will most probably will be exhausted! So pleased to read your report on the restaurant.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

Yikes excuse me that should be Taib ...maybe I can blame it on auto correct!

9. Re: Sulemaniye Camil Mosque to Erboy Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 06:17