We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

Hubby and I are getting ready for our visit to Turkey. We will be spending three days in Ankara and then 6 days in Istanbul. The information that I could get my visa online was priceless. ONE less thing to have to worry about when we arrive rather late in the day to Ankara. It was very easy to do. I printed out my visa, saved a copy to Dropbox and forwarded another copy to my smartphone. Yes, I am a technology geek but smartphones and doing things online can make life so much easier. I also love the TripAdvisor app on Istanbul that you can download to your phone and NOT have to use data while traveling. Once again, a big plus for people that love traveling. For those that don't have the link, it is https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/. Yours, Claudia

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,013 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

Claudia, You did very well and are prepared for the trip. At Ankara the highlights of your visit will be Ataturk's Mausoleum, Republic Museum in the Mousoleum, The Citadel, Museum of Anatolian Civilisations, and the observation deck at the top opf Atakule Tower.

good luck,

enigma...

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

Hi Claudia,

Can you tell me how long the processing takes. We're leaving in 13 days. Thanks.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

Shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

Hi Claudia, Please follow Enigmas's advice and schedule a few hours for Ataturk's tomb. The museum there is fantastic and after visiting it you will understand what a visionary he was. I think every visitor should be required to see this site.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,188 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

Claudia: I want to add my Thanks to yours. My friend, in Toronto, and I, in Washington, DC has no trouble at all getting our Visas through that link. Thanks to all on this Board.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

Thank you that was very easy. I too love this technology.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

And I have purchased tickets on line for the major sites. Very easy.

http://www.muze.gov.tr/tr

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am surprised how little you can find on Ankara. It has been hard to put together websites for my students to use... I think I have WAY too much on Instanbul. We are arriving in Turkey (May 29th) on the 560th anniversary of the fall of Constantinople. I have put together a series of videos for my students on it. Kind of cool.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,013 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

novakc, When you are in Istanbul, make sure you visit Panorama 1453 Museum at Topkapi. Just take the tram to Topkapi stop and the museum is there. "http://www.panoramikmuze.com/en/index.php", and "www.3dmekanlar.com/en/panorama-1453.html".

enigma...

10. Re: A BIG Thank You! - Visa online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 06:16