We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning our Oct trip

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Topic
Planning our Oct trip

Have been slowly working out a plan for our days and would really appreciate your valued input. I am trying to make the most of our time and yet leave time for us to breathe. I have tried to factor in location as best I can from one place to another

Wednesday

Arrive at 1:20 picked up and driven to hotel. Buy transit card and museum card (think I can buy both at hotel

Blue Mosque

Cemberlitas Hamam

Dinner at Pasazade

Thursday

Istanbul eats tour Beyoglu area- ends around 4ish

Istanbul Modern Museum -stretch the pass

Spice Market wander if not too tired

Maybe dinner at Meze if have room

Friday

Topkapi palace

Archeological Museum

Arasta Bazar

Mosaic Museum

Dinner ?

Saturday

Hagia Sophia

Basillica Cystern

Grand Bazar

Sulemaniye Camil

. Restaurant around there

Sunday

Explore area around Chora Museum

Chora museum

Lunch Asiente

Spice Bazar

Dinner Durumzade

Monday

Bosporus exploration following Enigma's suggestions ( still have to work on this)

Grand Bazar if so inclined after being there once

Tuesday

Dolmabache Palace omitting harem

Ferry to Kadikoy

Lunch Ciya -should we leave that for dinner and instead just grab a fish sandwich around the pier instead

Flea market

Train ride- walk back from Bahaiye

? Would appreciate your advice

Wednesday

Have left this open. Have I missed anything we should add for Wed?

Thursday

Leave for Ephesus at 10:00

Please feel free to poke holes in this as I appreciate your suggestions. Have I paced it correctly? I have been constantly lurking making notes and your advice has really been invaluable.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning our Oct trip

Bumping this. Does anyone have any comments?

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
576 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning our Oct trip

I'm surprised that somebody with more knowledge hasn't yet replied so here goes based on my recent experience. First, I'm not sure the Museum pass is the best way for you to go as its limited time. You can buy individual tickets online which are good anytime and eliminate the line problem. With the pass you may try to fit too many things into a day. For example, I think Friday is too busy-both Topkaki and the Archeology Museum shouldn't be raced through. The Sulemaniye Camil is near the Spice bazaar as well as the Grand bazaar, and can be visited with either with a wander thru the streets.

3. Re: Planning our Oct trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 06:16