We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 posts
Save Topic
Travel to

Hi,

After the very friendly and helpful answer at my previous question (thanks to enigma & kingwood) . I'd like to add another questions :)

If I've time, I really like to go to around Pamukkale area to see The White Travertines and the Hierapolis.

The nearest airport from where I'll be stayed is Sabiha Gokcen.

The question are, could it be done in one day, I mean in the night I need to return to Pendik (Istanbul). From Denizli (Cardak airport) how I can get to The White Travertines and the Hierapolis? Which budget airline I could take and where I could buy it (online maybe). The transport (bus/train) to the sightseeing spots including the fares and travel time taken. Sorry if it's heard too demanding :)

If someone have another better idea where I could spent one day outside Istanbul, I really appreciate it. So far my option are Pamukkale or Cappadocia.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

andri

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to

Andri, Turkish Airlines flies to Denizli from Istanbul and they fly from Ataturk Airport. Your best bet is to take the very early 06.20 flight from IST to Denizli and take the 19.15 flight from Denizli back to IST. Have a look: "https:/…1". However Pegasus Airlines also flies to Denizli from Sabiha Gokcen. "www.flypgs.com". However they have no flights on Fridays and Sundays. "ismailbaytur.com/index.php/hizmetlerimiz/car…". However if you fly with Pegasus, it seems that you have to return with Turkish Airlines on the same day.

Just transfer to city with the airport shuttle by Bay-Tur, go to Otogar and take a minibus to Pamukkale. (frequent). "ismailbaytur.com/index.php/…servis-saatleri". return the same way to airport.

good luck,

enigma...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to

We went to Cappadocia and stayed 3 nights. We went on Pegasus which was fine. Personally, going to Cappadocia for a day trip is not worth it. The only thing you will accomplish is "I have been to Cappadocia", but not really see anything. I cannot comment on Pamukkale.

Personally, what I would do is send that money by splurging on a nice dinner overlooking the Bosphorus and relaxing.

3. Re: Travel to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 05:19