We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bolu & Abant transport

Dubai
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Bolu & Abant transport

Dear Forum Members

I am going to stay in Buyuk Abant Hotel for 2 days and another 1 day in Bolu city, I was thinking of taking rent a car for 1 day while in Bolu and visit seven lakes national park and other surrounding area, any suggestion of car rental company in Bolu, is it possible to book online or there are good options available while I am in Bolu. Alternatively is there a tour to seven lakes from Bolu.

Secondly upon arriving in Bolu from Istanbul, is the local bus easily available to travel from Bolu to Abant and how much a taxi would cost for this trip.

Thanks

Malik

Gokturk Goleti Milli ParkI
Forests, National Parks, Hiking Trails
Hacet Deresi Tabiat Parki
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Goztepe Tabiat Parki
Nature & Wildlife Areas, National Parks
Fatih Sultan Mehmet Tabiat Parki
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bolu & Abant transport

Having a rental car for a day would be lovely as there are several nice places to visit from there.The drive from Abant to Mudurnu is incredibly scenic and Mudurnu itself is a nice little place to visit.Although this drive is in the opposite direction from Yediğöller(7 lakes).I guess if you set off early enough and don't linger at either too long it is possible to do both in 1 day with a private car.

I doubt very much there would be tours going there,I don't recall seeing local tour buses when I've been there.

The bus from Istanbul will drop you in the otogar which is to the west of the city and there are regular minibuses up to the lake.However I believe Büyük Abant Hotel also have their own bus transfer for guests so maybe e mail the hotel to ask about this.Several of the larger hotels there have them.

In Bolu car rental is a little limited,i.e not many models,so it would be better to reserve a car online in advance.Here are a few companies-

http://www.bovisrentacar.com.tr/

rentacarbolu.com/arac-kiralama-antalya/ileti…

http://www.boluotokiralama.net/

These are in Turkish but pretty self explanatory if you play about a bit.Araç is vehicle and iletişim is contact details so you can e mail them.Try to get a diesel model as they are more economical.

This is a glorious area to visit,enjoy!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,426 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bolu & Abant transport

Malik, take a bus from Istanbul to Bolu and rent a car at Bolu. Here is a good blog or driving your rental car in Turkey: "nobleanarchist.com/blog/…". You can rent in advance from "www.economycarrentals.com" or other rental agencies or rent a car when you reach Bolu. There always dolmush minibuses to Abant from Bolu Otogar but to see the Yedigoller area and to have the flexibility and independence, do rent a car. I drive my car to Abant so I do not know how much a taxi costs.

good luck,

enigma...

Dubai
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bolu & Abant transport

Thank you Sarikanarya & Enigma for your detailed feedback.

4. Re: Bolu & Abant transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 06:17