We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Istanbul

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any good suggestions of where to stay in Istanbul.Around $120 a night ?

I will be there early July.

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Istanbul

In Taksim, I've stayed at Pera Tulip Hotel and had a great stay! http://www.peratulip.com/ The hotel is one block below Istiklal Caddesi, so its a quick walk to the stores, bazaars, & restaurants. And imo, the food is great in this part of town. Just walk up & down the many side streets of Istiklal Cd. and look at the menus. For me, seeing a lot of Turks having dinner indicates that it's a good place to have a meal.

In Sultanahmet, I've stayed at the Dersaadet Hotel, Hotel Uyan, Niles Hotel, Tulip House Hotel, and Emine Sultan Hotel. All of these are very close to the major sights. What's great about Sultanahmet is that you can stay in a range of hotels at various prices and it's a quick walk to visit the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, Hippodrome, Basilca Cistern, Topkapi Palace, Mosaics Museum, Arasta Bazaar, Grand Bazaar, as well as, a couple hamams. The Spice Bazaar is down the street in Eminonu next to the Yeni Cami (New Mosque).

If you walk across the Galata Bridge and take the stairs on the left side of the street, you take the hill to reach Galata Tower, which is a must-see, imo. And just a bit further is Istiklal Caddesi and - you'll be in Taksim.

http://www.dersaadethotel.com/

http://www.uyanhotel.com/

http://www.hotelniles.com/

http://www.hoteltuliphouse.com/index.html

www.eminesultanhotel.com/english/suites.php

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Istanbul

To tour the Sultanahmet area we stayed at the Doubletree Old Town. The room rate vary quite a bit - I have seen it from about 100 Euros to 500 Euros, so if you are a little flexible - you should be able to get a good deal. The rooms are a little on the small side but cannot beat the location - the tram stop is just across the street. On several occasions we would come back to the room - relax and head out again. The other great thing about this is the Turkish Bath plus the steam room, sauna etc. free of charge to guest.

To tour the Taksim area we stayed at Movinpick at Levent 4. It looks like it is out of the way but only 5 stops from Taksim on the subway (Metro) and no issues with traffic. Levent (10 minute walk from Levent 4 or 1 stop) is the Kanyon Mall. Pretty cool place. The Metro stop is just around the corner (maybe a 3 minute walk. This is a really nice hotel with excellent service. I cannot compare them to any of the others but highly recommend both of them.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,091 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Istanbul

Hi Islay, Basically most tourists stay in the old city or in the area of Taksim. In the question box on the top right hand side of the forum page there is a discussion of the advantages of each area.

My preference is the old city. There are hundreds of tiny boutique hotels that fall within your budget. When we stay in Sultanahmet we stay at the Apricot. It is a modest 6 room hotel in the heart of the historic area, but on a lovely quiet street. It would easily fit into your budget. There are however many hotels, some larger and more elaborate in the same general area. I could also recommend the Hotel Nena, the Alaturka, and in near-by Sirkeci, the Erboy Hotel.

You should look at the hotels on Trip Adviser. Read the reviews, evaluate the price and location as well as any extra amenities and make a decision based on your own personal requirements.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Istanbul

Hi - not knowing your interests or for how long your stay, it is hard to know exactly which area might suit you best. However I would recommend checking out the Erboy Hotel in Sirkeci which, besides my own, has many fantastic reviews with good reason. It is affordable, impeccably clean, and most importantly a staff who will bend backwards to insure your comfort and needs.

Sirkeci is a wonderful area inasmuch as it is adjacent to Sultanhamet, easily walkable or within a short tram ride to major sites. Because of the excellent Istanbul transit system of trams, metro, buses, and ferries, you are connected to just about anything you may want to experience within half hour, and the tram stop is just a 5-minute walk from this hotel.

Be sure to check and book DIRECTLY with any hotel as you will most likely be offered some special incentives not available if you book through a third party. If you pull up the website for the Erboy, you will notice that they are a sister hotel to others run under the same management. They range from very economical budget, to one of the top luxury hotels in Istanbul. There is a celebrated integrity with this group, and you will be treated and attended to the same regardless of which you choose.

You might want to check out the very extensive description of the two major areas tourists prefer by looking at

FAQ at the upper right and click on "In which area ......"

Sharon

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
7,195 posts
1,159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Istanbul

oh my god... i thought that my 30 europer night for a double bed room were too much....

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Istanbul

thanks for all your advice everybody !!! i am happily busily looking up all your suggestions right now !!! sorry mark to freak you out ... maybe you could try a youth hostel ? i did that in italy a few years ago :)

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
7,195 posts
1,159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Istanbul

yes islay i usually use them

check my site born2travel.it maybe it can be also helpful to u

have a great trip in turkey

8. Re: Where to stay in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 06:16